AFLW Tigers & Coasters | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFLW Tigers & Coasters

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Saints last and WC second last, so........

That tells us what we all know. We are much better than the worst teams in the comp, but probably a bit off the best teams in the comp. We have struggled to control the play and dominate time in forward half against the better teams. We've been very good when we get it inside 50 (regardless of who we've played) and defensively we have been solid, but our upside needs to be how to control territory and that for me (and I mentioned this last week too) is around half forward, we've struggled in this area against the best teams and have struggled to therefore control that transition from midfield to get the ball inside 50.

Reactions: 2 users

tora

Tiger Rookie
Dec 10, 2021
First game in a while where the backline hasn't been under seige. Outclassed the last few weeks. Mids are playing well and small forwards finally contributing. Stahl, Conti goaling. McKenzie back in town.
Suns game was humid and they ran over us. Perth and Melbourne both hot and dry. So Tigers should be OK.

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
That was a solid win, and we need to be beating the likes of West Coast, they really are not very good.

That said, much better performance today.

Where I think we lose it against the better teams is that we just aren't competitive in clearances. Just can't match the best teams. The injuries haven't helped but that also exposes the lack of depth which we need to build.

I was a bit worried today with their skills. I thought the skills were much better against StKilda, the other game we won well. Too many dropped marks and too many passes over, or under, cooked. Needs work.

Still need to get game time into our players, the experience of playing under pressure is what they need. More games, they will improve.

Umpiring? Just weird I thought. Couldn't work out what they were doing at times, a fair few soft frees and obvious frees missed. Oh well, the usual inconsistency. At least Dutton wasn't reaming us this week, I presume he'll be umpiring again next week at Punt Rd and it will be back to normal.

On to Geelong next week, we really need to beat the likes of Geelong, a must win game.

DS

Reactions: 3 users

tora

Tiger Rookie
Dec 10, 2021
The team was ON from the get go. Exactly how oppos have been the last few weeks. Centre clearances were good. I don't know the other aflw teams at all but I believe Eagles were favourites. I wasn't sure how the heat was going to impact the game. But a fast start was important. The forward line all contributed. Good to see chuot take a good mark and goal. Stahl 3 goals. Long overdue. The backline have been under the pump the last few weeks. They handled it well. Miller, Darcy, Lynch and Hosking. This week there was good football from others. Stahl, chuot, branch, Kiely, Lavey.
Got into a winning position early and maintained the effort over 4 quarters

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Stahl must have heard me and ToO critiquing her yesterday….

Very solid win. McKenzie and Conte brilliant. Like Lavey. Seymour good again.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users