Andrew Krakouer | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Andrew Krakouer

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
There's a bit of a discussion about Krak on another site.
It seems he's in the bad books with Danny.
Apparently he has a pretty laid back attitude things, his game, training etc.
They said he showed up pissed at training a couple of Wednesdays ago, and wasn't capable of taking part so he's under disclipinary action at the moment.
I have no way of knowing if it's gossip or fact, but am posting this cos a few of us have been wondering at his non selection.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
I hope that isn't true. If it is it is a disgrace. He seems quite talented, would be a shame to let him get into bad habits which may make him waste his opportunity he has.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
I've got my doubts on Krakouer. I question his application and hunger for the game when I watch him play. He doesn't look determined. I do not, however question his ability.

IMO McGrath has greater potential and is showing more hunger and intensity. I beleive McGrath has more of the physical aspects required, has more strings to his bow and IMO, from what i have so far seen, he will be the better player.

From physical aspects i mean the running ability, jumping ability, endurance, speed etc. and not size and bulk.

P

Parker

I think the guy whoever came up with rumour got the wrong player.

G

giggler

You don't mean they're still punishing our wine guzzling, stretch limo, clubbing threesome from the beginning of the year are they? Nah, can't be them - they're playing in the ones.

My lips are sealed boys ;D

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Parker said:
I think the guy whoever came up with rumour got the wrong player.

Welcome to the site Parker :)

I wouldn't have posted this except the people discussing it are pretty spot on with what goes on at the club. They named Andy.

They are also discussing another player who's been disclipined for similar indiscretions. They haven't named him, but give a few clues about that don't leave a lot to the imagination.

P

Parker

Welcome to the site Parker :)

I wouldn't have posted this except the people discussing it are pretty spot on with what goes on at the club. They named Andy.

They are also discussing another player who's been disclipined for similar indiscretions. They haven't named him, but give a few clues about that don't leave a lot to the imagination.

I'm going by that discussion as well , i got the impression that going by what DC said that it wasn't krakouer but another player. Also think i have heard someone here or at bigfooty say that another certain player has had disciplinary problems this year. I hope so anyway , its bad enough having another player in trouble given all the other incidents we have had but if it was two...

btw thanks for the welcome but no need:) I'm a veteran here , somehow stuffed up my old account...

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Haha the welcome is retracted then Parker....nah welcome to your new name. ;D

It's easy to get the impression there are two players involved in separate incidents.

I posted about Krak cos it is onfo openly being discussed on the net, and I wouldn't claim it as fact.

I know of the very senior players geting up to mischief early on, but I wouldn't post it cos I didn't see it mentioned anywhere on the net. I think that was in non training period as well.

I'd be more concerned if these incidents happen during the season.

Of course this proves untrue about Andy I'd be sorry I posted it, but it's something openly being discussed on the net and it's interesting to read what's being said about our guys.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
I don't suppose anyone would like to inform those of us that are uninformed of the players involved in past indiscretions adn what those indiscretions were. I honestly have no idea. Tough following these scoops from here in Adelaide.

hungry1

eat em alive tigers
Apr 4, 2003
melbourne
Don't worry about Adelaide. I am about 2 minutes from the "G" and I have no idea either. For those in the know would love to know what really is going on down at our beloved club.

In terms of Andy I don't think we will ever see him reach his full potential...a real shame.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
shawry said:
I don't suppose anyone would like to inform those of us that are uninformed of the players involved in past indiscretions adn what those indiscretions were. I honestly have no idea. Tough following these scoops from here in Adelaide.

Did you mean all of them since 2000, shawry? Like Otto (2000), Daffy (2000), Vardy (2002), Mills (2002), Fiora (2002), Blumfield (2002) and Zantuck (2003).

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Geez we are a pack of pisspots, ha. Those 7 are the ones that became public.

The rumour file would add 3 senior players for over-celebrating the festive season and the rumours about the two others.

That's 12 on our list at least. We'll be taking Carltons flag in the boozing cup if we're not careful, ha. ;D

I guess it becomes a fine line between boys just wanna have fun and toeing the party line.

It seems footy is one career where you are always in the spotlight and open to gossip and discussion for things that wouldn't be of much interest if the people involved weren't elite sportsmen.

I don't feel comfortable naming names on here unless I've already seen them mentioned elsewhere on the net shawy.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
I also saw those posts Rosy and like you say the clue they gave didn't leave much for the imagination, I will roughly quote from the bit I remember reading.. I read the Krak thing also and this is a seperate incident... apparently after the game in Geraldton a big bloke who is recovering from knee troubles was involved in some sort of off field indiscretion involving the drink....

Please remember I am only passing on what I read I have no idea if it's true so.. make up your own minds k!

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Fiora, Vardy, Mills, Ottens, Daffy etc i knew about those.

FAir enough about not wanting to name names, i can respect that even though the nosey side of me would love to know.

Blumfield i never heard about, and Zantuck was made to sound innocent.

I have no problem with Richmond players drinking in the off-season, even occasionalyl during the season, but getting into altercations obviously means they have taken it too far. I would prefer discipline at the club of course adn would prefer them to stay at their fittest during the season whilst playing adn alcohol wil laffect hta, but they are human and their mistakes which ordinary citizens make are always over scrutinised.

They always draw the attention being so high profile i guess which probably means they wil lget unwanted attention both positive and negative. If they can show the discipline to refrain from actions it would be best, unfortunately it hasnt happened yet.