Another bloody milestone | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Another bloody milestone

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Looks like opposition clubs are organizing their diaries with us in their minds. That is about 3 or 4 weeks in a row. This time a Melbourne player - James McDonald - plays his 100th game on Saturday night.

Good thing is we've been pretty good party poopers this year ;D.

The trend of opposition milestones continues this week: Michael Braun - 100 games.

Although we have our own milestone this week - well sort of. Courtesy of Rhett and his site Rhettrospective.

ROGERS BREAKS 26 YEAR OLD CLUB RECORD.

Matthew Rogers will play his 188th game for Richmond against West Coast. He will therefore break Royce Hart's long standing 26 year record, of the most games played by a Richmond player wearing the Number 4. Royce played for 11 years from 1967-1977, starting his career with Richmond with a Premiership. He would wear the number 4 in 5 Grand Final appearances. Rogers is currently in his 10th career with Richmond. So why has he overtaken Royce, with still one less season? Well in Royce's last 5 years he played 12, 17, 17, 12 and 12 games respectively (from 1973-1977). Rogers on other hand has played 20, 22, 17, 23, 19 games respectively, (1998-2002), as well as playing every game this season.