Any other retirements | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Any other retirements

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
So Dave made his decision to retire,

and Dimma and Blair made Bachars, right?

yeah, hope theres no more.

i cry just at the thought of Cotchy hanging up the boots.

cant see anymore this year.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I'm not sure we could handle the retirement of another Richmond Man who is integral to our culture and self-belief.

David and Bachar will be bigger losses off-field than on-field

Reactions: 1 user

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Clearly no one at Richmond has watched the Last Dance. You never know what you've lost until its gone.

Personally I'd have preferred to see Astbury and Houli go on. If their form had been poor, they could have been rested or gone back to the VFL in 2022 where they'd have played an equally important role educating the next level of players.

Granted Astbury made his own decision which is more problematic for the team as there's no obvious replacement. Garthwaite isn't it and who knows with Miller or Biggy. Losing a quality person like Houli, when he was keen to go on for one more year is strange.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
So Dave made his decision to retire,

and Dimma and Blair made Bachars, right?

yeah, hope theres no more.

i cry just at the thought of Cotchy hanging up the boots.

cant see anymore this year.
Caddy?

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Clearly no one at Richmond has watched the Last Dance. You never know what you've lost until its gone.

Personally I'd have preferred to see Astbury and Houli go on. If their form had been poor, they could have been rested or gone back to the VFL in 2022 where they'd have played an equally important role educating the next level of players.

Granted Astbury made his own decision which is more problematic for the team as there's no obvious replacement. Garthwaite isn't it and who knows with Miller or Biggy. Losing a quality person like Houli, when he was keen to go on for one more year is strange.
Not if it makes much needed list and cap space plus allowing younger guys who player similar position to get constant game time. Love Houli but just think correct decision.

Reactions: 3 users

Tigerhealer

I'm a llama!
Sep 7, 2003

I agree with you i was hoping they would both go again next year.
Big Dave had already decided this year was it for him,
I'm curious to see Blair and co's plan going forward

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
I agree with you i was hoping they would both go again next year.
Big Dave had already decided this year was it for him,
I'm curious to see Blair and co's plan going forward
Start of the next phase I guess - have confidence that club will get it right. Still hard to let go of players that have given so much joy and something I'd thought I'd never see.

Reactions: 2 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
I'm not sure we could handle the retirement of another Richmond Man who is integral to our culture and self-belief.

David and Bachar will be bigger losses off-field than on-field
Being "Richmond Men" wouldn't they have set their team mates up for the day they were no longer there?
We need others to fill their boots.