Anzac Day !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Anzac Day !!

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
I look at the demographics of this event. Starting to evolve into Anglo Day. :confused:
There was a lot more Indigenous material in yesterday's City of Rockingham Anzac Day ceremony. A special mention by Guest of Honour was the contribution of Indigenous personnel in WW1 WW2 Korea Vietnam & present day conflicts.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
There was a lot more Indigenous material in yesterday's City of Rockingham Anzac Day ceremony. A special mention by Guest of Honour was the contribution of Indigenous personnel in WW1 WW2 Korea Vietnam & present day conflicts.
I'm not looking at the material. I'm looking at the crowds. Where is the multicultural face of our country?

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I'm not looking at the material. I'm looking at the crowds. Where is the multicultural face of our country?
ANZAC day is simply an Australian and New Zealand commemoration of our military history and service people. Why would any of the other cultures and citizens of the world have anything more than a passing notice of this event?

Reactions: 1 users

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
They have migrated to Australia for a better life yet when they lob here they do not embrace our way of life or history. They live in enclaves & endear themselves with the Fatherland . The Asians are the best of our migrants. The Balkans yuk & now the Middle East lot. They are dominated by religion & they will never change. Twenty of years ago I witnessed an Australian borne guy of Greek heritage , a great bloke , a successful business man whose partner was Australian. She was not permitted to attend his family gatherings because his mother barred her because she was not Greek. He toed her line & he was in his forties. Poor bugga he died so young . Ps at one family event held at his house was an Australian cricket wicket keeper of renown.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I know, those white fellas who lobbed here, they just wouldn't embrace the locals' way of life or history.

But back on to the actual events relating to ANZAC Day, my partner has been cleaning up the office at home and we just found a copy of The Herald, from 15 August 1945, her mum bought it. Huge headline on the front with Japan surrendering.

DS