Assange !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Assange !!

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
This thread is on Assange & his lot with the US Government so I do not give a rats on your "how does it all work ". Annoy someone else.
You can just admit that you have no idea and have just bought into the Murdoch messaging.

But here we are...

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Assange is not an American citizen, he is an Australian citizen.

I have often wondered what would have happened if the information was leaked to Iraq as an example, to their intelligence services. If they then published would the US charge someone in Iraq under the Espionage Act?

They have charged Assange because they think they can but I have always been uncomfortable with the concept of an Australian citizen being charged under a foreign government’s espionage laws.

If a Russian leaked videos of atrocities carried out by Russia in Ukraine and Wikileaks published it then how would we react? We’d probably be clapping and cheering at everyone’s courage. But because it is the US why is it different?

Not only that, but the alleged offences did not occur in the USA. Their laws would only apply in their territory, but, they're the USA so they just figure their laws apply everywhere.

DS

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
You can just admit that you have no idea and have just bought into the Murdoch messaging.

But here we are...

This feels more like DMGT dog whistling than News Ltd, but they are two peas in the same pod.

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Appeal decision delayed until US produces assurances that

Assange is permitted to rely on US Constitution of First Amendment (Protection of Free Speech)
Assange is not prejudiced at trial or sentence because of his Nationality
That the death penalty not imposed if found guilty.

IMHO think best chance First Amendment

What a saga what a way to live your life.