Sam Kerr - police charge discussion | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sam Kerr - police charge discussion

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
The Sam Kerr thing seems a bit out of whack now that we know what was said. Be very surprised to see it get to court.

Just read what she said, holy *smile*, talk about making a mountain out of a molehill and going to a criminal trial over it!!

Reactions: 4 users

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Just read what she said, holy *smile*, talk about making a mountain out of a molehill and going to a criminal trial over it!!
Tend to agree…….although, imagine if it was a black copper and she called him a “stupid black bastard.”

Certain prejudices are more acceptable than others. Even encouraged in certain political circles

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
It certainly is.
But I reckon it would have gotten a lot more airplay if she’d called him “a stupid black bastard”. She’d be labelled racist and copped a lot more for it. As would anyone who defended her.
It shows the double standards, but that’s the world we live in.

Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
He’s ok.(y)

The Sam Kerr thing seems a bit out of whack now that we know what was said. Be very surprised to see it get to court.
What did she say?

Edit: dont worry, like all good posters on the internet i did my own research and now know all.
stupid thing to say, but not a hangable offence.

Last edited:

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Allegedly called a copper, “A stupid white bastard.”
yeah, thanks, i did manage to use google.
it is probably best the "racistness" of that term isnt discussed, as it has been done to death on other threads and never ends well- especially for the mods!

Reactions: 2 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
yeah, thanks, i did manage to use google.
it is probably best the "racistness" of that term isnt discussed, as it has been done to death on other threads and never ends well- especially for the mods!
I don’t follow you. If you can’t discuss the “racistness” she wouldn’t have been charged. That’s the crux of the whole case.
.Or do mean we shouldn’t discuss Sam Kerr being arrested? Or Sam Kerr being arrested for alleged racist remarks?

Reactions: 1 user

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
I remember when a certain crows player got a public lashing for calling a sanfl player a black …………
Quite a few posters on here wanted a public lynching, followed by a life ban, public stoning and tar and feathering.

Certainly is about double standards.

Reactions: 3 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I remember when a certain crows player got a public lashing for calling a sanfl player a black …………
Quite a few posters on here wanted a public lynching, followed by a life ban, public stoning and tar and feathering.

Feel free to start a thread about racism where this "double standard" can be discussed. This is the Matildas thread, where personally I would like to engage in posting about the Matildas and the upcoming Olympics, which they have qualified for.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Feel free to start a thread about racism where this "double standard" can be discussed. This is the Matildas thread, where personally I would like to engage in posting about the Matildas and the upcoming Olympics, which they have qualified for.
I didn’t post the topic mate. I just replied to it. Just as you did 3 times

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Really? She's the biggest name in Australian soccer , The Matildas skipper & been charged & you're saying it can't be discussed here? Ok.:oops:

Anyways even though it's not a hanging offence IMO, Sam has come out of this incident poorly.
Not so much for the colour she said but more because Australian soccer officials have been left completely in the dark about the incident.
It's going to cost her a bit even if it gets chucked out.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
makes me wonder if the cop was a Spurs or Gunners supporter!

• Haha

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne

come on. you surely can't be suggesting this is anywhere near the same?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Ultimately, when it comes to racism, it's how the person on the receiving end feels about what's been said / done. If the London Policeman felt that what Kerr said to him was using insulting, threatening or abusive words that caused alarm or distress to an officer, then that's what it is.

The only question remains is if this was that policeman's first day on the job, or if he has also filed charges against everyone else that has used insulting, threatening or abusive words towards him.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
come on. you surely can't be suggesting this is anywhere near the same?
Why not? Because one is called a “stupid white bastard“ one is called a “weak black bastard”

Tell me your reasons why it’s different.

One is a white male who said it. One is a darker skinned female who said it.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Ultimately, when it comes to racism, it's how the person on the receiving end feels about what's been said / done. If the London Policeman felt that what Kerr said to him was using insulting, threatening or abusive words that caused alarm or distress to an officer, then that's what it is.

The only question remains is if this was that policeman's first day on the job, or if he has also filed charges against everyone else that has used insulting, threatening or abusive words towards him.

Reverse racism is bogus and IMO is likely to have been an allegation raised by a racist themselves.
Seriously, he has surely encountered worse than that as a copper on a daily basis, (just not someone famous), obviously picked the wrong profession, maybe should have been an umpire, "white maggot" ;)
Disorderly conduct yeah, but doubt anything else will stick.

Reactions: 6 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Reverse racism is bogus
Like ToO, I disagree. Someone of a minority race can most definitely be racist towards people of the majority race.

But agree with the rest of your post.