Assistant Coaches | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Assistant Coaches

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Reported that Adam Kingsley is down to the last 3 for the North job :mad:

Losing the experience of Leppa, Fly, and Kingsley in one season won't easily be overcome, (that's your defensive, stoppage and forward coach gone).

Not interested. Not going for it.

dusty123456

Tiger Cub
Aug 12, 2020
So if our development coaches get elevated to senior. who takes the VFL team? Because they would have multiple coaches too...

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
So if our development coaches get elevated to senior. who takes the VFL team? Because they would have multiple coaches too...

I think they want X to coach his own team? that is was why Fly was moved to an assistance role pretty much against his will as he would have preferred to have continued as VFL coach, (before Covid anyway).

Reactions: 1 users

dusty123456

Tiger Cub
Aug 12, 2020
I think they want X to coach his own team? that is was why Fly was moved to an assistance role pretty much against his will as he would have preferred to have continued as VFL coach, (before Covid anyway).
So do we have a replacment for Leppa and FLy?

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
So do we have a replacment for Leppa and FLy?
We needed soft cap space, someone would have been let go anyway, I thought Leppa resigning would mean Fly would stay.

Reckon we only replace one or get a couple of moneyball options, there will be plenty of displaced assistants out there, but big blow to lose two guys of their calibre in one hit.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
We needed soft cap space, someone would have been let go anyway, I thought Leppa resigning would mean Fly would stay.

Reckon we only replace one or get a couple of moneyball options, there will be plenty of displaced assistants out there, but big blow to lose two guys of their calibre in one hit.
Leppa, Truck Rutten and (player) Rance.
Obviously the first 2 were instumental in developing the backline system and the one on one capabilities of Rance, Astbury, Grimes.

It wouldve been great to keep Leppa to finish teaching the next generation.
We,re hoping Dave and Dylan can mentor them

Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Given that Dimma is taking an extended time off I assume Adam Kingsley will take the reigns when pre season training starts ? Can't see anyone else would be ahead of him now that Leppa and Fly have departed.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Given that Dimma is taking an extended time off I assume Adam Kingsley will take the reigns when pre season training starts ? Can't see anyone else would be ahead of him now that Leppa and Fly have departed.

Think this is right. Also think Kingsley would have been told this, and preferred the opportunity to add to his CV by coaching the best side in the competition rather than being thrown to the wolves at Norf.

Reactions: 2 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Think this is right. Also think Kingsley would have been told this, and preferred the opportunity to add to his CV by coaching the best side in the competition rather than being thrown to the wolves at Norf.
Another year or 2 as senior assistant at the best club in the land then he'll be the number 1 candidate for the senior coach at the pies or cats.

• Love