Bachar Houli - بشار حولي, | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bachar Houli - بشار حولي,

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I love Houli for he did in the GF. I always remember him as a bloke that started off has an average footballer turning into a reliable half back.
If we win it this year it will be a perfect time for him to hung up the boots. Especially if we are considering adding a player of Crouch’s caliber to the side.

You've always hated him, not rated him and thought he was a dud. Now you've been proven wrong again so you need to try a different way to achieve what you want. Like many Houli Haters, you hate the fact you can't publicly hate him anymore without looking even more stupid.

Reactions: 3 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
You've always hated him, not rated him and thought he was a dud. Now you've been proven wrong again so you need to try a different way to achieve what you want. Like many Houli Haters, you hate the fact you can't publicly hate him anymore without looking even more stupid.

Arrr shut up
I love Houli
I hate rance
Get it right doofus

James

Tiger Rookie
Sep 11, 2016
He has been on a one year contract and I can’t imagine that he won’t get another. He and Sheds are in similar position. Both playing outstanding football and both waiting for contracts in this pre final period.
Blair and his mates are probably trying to settle things for Bolton’s contract. Ralph is probably trying to delay so that he can press harder for both Shai and his other client Chol.
Difficult days at Punt Road. May be a win today will help the parties focus.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Just about the best game of his career. Three votes!

Yep another unbelievable game. But apparently Menadue can cover what he does as he's shown by being dropped at least 12 times in his career. Gave Houli 2 votes only because Vlastuin was so ridiculously good today. Any other game Houli would have had 3 for that performance. Houli has to be in his most consistent and best form of his career atm.

Reactions: 4 users

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Well Played Bash. Some lovely rebound and nice defence. Close to BOG (Flossy obviously)

One hospital handball to Baker which I have forgiven him for (Hope Liam has)

Reactions: 1 users

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Yep another unbelievable game. But apparently Menadue can cover what he does as he's shown by being dropped at least 12 times in his career. Gave Houli 2 votes only because Vlastuin was so ridiculously good today. Any other game Houli would have had 3 for that performance. Houli has to be in his most consistent and best form of his career atm.
If there’s any haters left out there, please show your hands.
Simply playing awesome football as a running defender
Just about the best game of his career. Three votes!

Give him another 2 years. He can’t drop off that quickly. We don’t have any players in the twos who can collect the ball like him. Yet

Last edited:

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
How many of the thirty possessions were kickouts?

No idea. Brisbane only kicked seven behinds and at least a couple of Houli's kickouts didn't count as he didn't leave the square.

He was solid in the clinches today, his tackles stuck, his spoils were effective. Zero clangers. It was a complete running defender's game.

B

Bill James

Been solid for at least 6 weeks now. Actually looked like he enjoyed getting hit by Robinson today. My knock on him has always been low contested possession rate and high turnovers. Since the bye, his turnover rate has dropped from 6.7 to 4 and his contested possession ratio has increased. Impressive, those two statistics usually move in the same direction.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
How many of the thirty possessions were kickouts?

Brisbane kicked 7 behinds, one was after siren so of 6 kickouts, Houli had 3 (Vlastuin, Short, Astbury 1 each). I believe one of his kicks was inside the goal square so maybe 2 of his 30 disposals attributed to kickouts. No matter which way you look at it, it was a masterful performance by Houli.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
My favourite play was him taking the ball cleanly and running right into Robinson. He didn't spill it and both players had a smile on their face as they got up.

Also a couple of nice quick gives and takes. Someone mentioned both his contested balls and kicking efficiency has really improved since the bye. He might just be getting better.

AFL ratings has picked it up too. Gone from 274 in the league at rd 14 to 211 now. A more rounded and effective Bachar the last 9 weeks. Didn't think he was that good first half of the year but a sneaky chance for the AA squad now I reckon.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL ratings has picked it up too. Gone from 274 in the league at rd 14 to 211 now. A more rounded and effective Bachar the last 9 weeks. Didn't think he was that good first half of the year but a sneaky chance for the AA squad now I reckon.

Form in the back half of the season counts for more. Don't reckon he's had an AA year but may make the squad.

Think Grimes gets in with Martin on the bench. Prestia probably deserves it more but they will go with the big name. Lynch, Edwards, Houli possibilities for the squad.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Form in the back half of the season counts for more. Don't reckon he's had an AA year but may make the squad.

Think Grimes gets in with Martin on the bench. Prestia probably deserves it more but they will go with the big name. Lynch, Edwards, Houli possibilities for the squad.

I think Flossy is a big chance. Shed has had a better year than last year - ranked 15 in AFL ratings. You're right . They will overlook Prestia but they shouldn't. Now shot up to 19 in the AFL ratings with continuity.

Last edited:

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I think Flossy is a big chance. Shed has had a better year than last year - ranked 15 in AFL ratings. You're right . They will overlook Prestia but they shouldn't. Now shot up to 19 in the AFL ratings with continuity.

Prestia was equal 14th in the coaches' award before the final two rounds of silent voting and is a chance to finish higher.

Not sure about Vlastuiin. Had a big game against Melbourne early and has finished well, but suspect he hasn't had enough eye-catching games to figure.