Bachar Houli - بشار حولي, | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bachar Houli - بشار حولي,

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Just saw Bash on the news.
Said it was like the first day of pre season.
Hopefully he's fitter than that otherwise won't be ready to play for 8 weeks.
He was so excited.
Welcome back Basharooney.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
An inclusion hopefully alongside the Great Skippa, who should both be right up to speed by the time the last 2-3 games arrive,.

Nank the next to arrive.

Then Dave then lastly Dion with a week or two of regular season games prior to finals.

Shane I dont know about now tbh.

Other players we desoperately need up and firing, are Rioli, George, Stack, Caddy, Lambo, Graham, and most importantly JR8 who is improving somewhat.

Reactions: 5 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Yeah, likely, but that's why we need to get a few games into him.

DS
Yeah we will - playing in the seniors.

Crazy to think we have a player like Houli running around in scratch matches with bush footballers from Norf.

• Haha

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Something ive noticed ,

When he is underdone , his disposal seems to be a bit off , so there might be a bit of that initially

Reactions: 3 users

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Something ive noticed ,

When he is underdone , his disposal seems to be a bit off , so there might be a bit of that initially
Expect a few turnovers ie 'Rance moments' but we can put up with that to get some games into him and see that drive from HB.

Reactions: 2 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Expect a few turnovers ie 'Rance moments' but we can put up with that to get some games into him and see that drive from HB.

As Richmond supporters, let’s not perpetuate the myth of “Rance moments”
This may have been relevant in his very earliest years.
Thereafter he became one of our very best.
Ever.
Unless a “Rance moment” signifies absolutely dominating ones opponent or an entire backline for that matter, let’s find more appropriate adjectives to describe the “Great One”

Reactions: 6 users

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
As Richmond supporters, let’s not perpetuate the myth of “Rance moments”
This may have been relevant in his very earliest years.
Thereafter he became one of our very best.
Ever.
Unless a “Rance moment” signifies absolutely dominating ones opponent or an entire backline for that matter, let’s find more appropriate adjectives to describe the “Great One”
I see your point but I used it more as a term of endearment hence the inverted commas. He became a great player as we all know but that expression was used by Dimma at one stage and with a smile on his face. If it concerns you so much then I'm happy to desist from using it, but they were funny.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
A lot of people talk about 'match fitness' as being something over and above normal fitness. What's your knowledge/experience around this phenomenon? If there reallly something magically different between being super fit and match fit?

You can be super fit all you like but are you ‘match hardened/match fir’
The pressure
The hits to the body
The fierce tackling
You can never fully simulate that in training..

Houli with his experience gets another week on the track and in for the Dreamtime game.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
I see your point but I used it more as a term of endearment hence the inverted commas. He became a great player as we all know but that expression was used by Dimma at one stage and with a smile on his face. If it concerns you so much then I'm happy to desist from using it, but they were funny.

Yeah I was a bit annoyed Hardwick used the term In his presser to describe Balta’s similarities to Rance. The term created, no doubt, by some imbecile in the media.
Let’s hope he doesn’t start using the term “Richmondy“
I’m wiping both terms from my vernacular. Hope others do the same. It’s embarrassing

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Yeah I was a bit annoyed Hardwick used the term In his presser to describe Balta’s similarities to Rance. The term created, no doubt, by some imbecile in the media.
Let’s hope he doesn’t start using the term “Richmondy“
I’m wiping both terms from my vernacular. Hope others do the same. It’s embarrassing

How about Richninth?

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
How about Richninth?

And the one about us microwaving our memberships after loses and that we’re all bandwagon supporters who jumped on when we finally sniffed success.
All *smile* created by ignorant and jealous commentators and opposition supporters.
You write your own history but sometimes you pick up tags you don’t want or deserve along the way.
We supporters shouldn’t be encouraging it or adopting it or even entertaining it.
Rant over

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
And the one about us microwaving our memberships after loses and that we’re all bandwagon supporters who jumped on when we finally sniffed success.
All *smile* created by ignorant and jealous commentators and opposition supporters.
You write your own history but sometimes you pick up tags you don’t want or deserve along the way.
We supporters shouldn’t be encouraging it or adopting it or even entertaining it.
Rant over

They hate us regardless.
Nothing we do is ever positive