Bachar Houli - بشار حولي, | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bachar Houli - بشار حولي,

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
‘A long road back to whatever his physical normal will be’.

WTF are there no guarantees as to how well his bones will heal?
No such thing as a guarantee. All depends on the extent of the pelvic break. As I understand it takes a few months for full recovery minimum. Fingers crossed that's the case. Worst case it can affect your quality of life forever.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
My thoughts are with you and your family Bachar. Wishing you a speedy and full recovery.

Reactions: 4 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Only hint of a " good " thing about this is that Bash is already retired from footy so we don't lose anyone else from the team. Hope Bash gets the best of care n recovers well from his injuries over time.

Starting to think it's time to find a hole to hide in for a few weeks, way to much crap news has come rocketing in over the last few hours to cogitate through.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Best wishes to Bachar and his family at this distressing time. He’s a great person and totally embodies peace, love, understanding & inclusion within our society - someone everyone can learn from.

From a football point of view, a wonderful player and part of three flags we’re all forever grateful for. Speedy recovery to you Bachar.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
It doesn't rain, it pours. Wishing you the very best on your recovery Bachar. My thoughts are with you and your family during this very troubling time.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Jesus!

Majak daw played footy again after exploding his pelvis.

Get well soon bachar

*rfc: round up the rest of the side and lock em in a padded cell for the week

Reactions: 1 users

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
I hope you have a swift and complete recovery, Bachar.

Reactions: 1 user

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Thanks BR.

We all know that you have contacts at the club and appreciate the information.

No inside word, just medicine used to be a bit of a hobby of mine so I can be reasonably confident in joining the dots.

‘A long road back to whatever his physical normal will be’.

WTF are there no guarantees as to how well his bones will heal?

When you smash a body up to this extent it never comes back exactly the same way it was before. A broken pelvis will often give you back issues or change the way you walk and by the sounds of it he has quite a few other broken bones as well.

He'll be facing a new normal, anything from walking with a limp through to stuff it's better not to think about.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Agreed but could do without the preaching.
Fair point. But he has always had his strong belief. Bash probably doesn’t mean to “preach” but just shares the love of his Belief in his Faith. At least his Belief isn’t of the radical, but more about his love of his Faith.

Each to their own I guess.
But I’m sure we all wish Bash a full and speedy recovery.

Reactions: 6 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Any god that hurts you to test you Is a prick. Get well soon Bach.

100% agree. Felt very cultish.

With that said I’m sure it helps him recover. It’s a clever mental trick that lets him be grateful / positive towards the challenge of recovering. Seeing it as a test instead of a burden.

Reactions: 1 user

Aegean Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Aug 27, 2008
First and foremost I wish Bachar a speedy recovery.

He is a wonderful human and a leader among his community.

A genuine loving person who is living an authentic life based on his beliefs.

I believe we should all embrace difference. Greater awareness, understanding and acceptance of other cultures and beliefs systems can only enhance our own existence.

Apologies if this appears to be preaching.....

Reactions: 6 users