Basketball | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Basketball

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
All time great playoff performance from KD in game 5. No Irving, Harden rusty, put the team in his back to overhaul a 17-point deficit. 49 points, 17 rebounds, 10 assists - just the 4th time anyone has had 40/15/10 in a playoff game (Oscar Robertson, Sir Charles, Donkic). Played every second. Phenomenal.

How can LeBron be the goat? Where in your all time starting five does he get a gig?
PG - Magic, Robertson or Stockton
SG - MJ
SF - KD or Bird
PF - Hakeem, Duncan or Sir Charles. Or Garnett.
C - Kareem, Wilt or Shaq

(Ok, maybe LBJ edges into the SF spot. :mhihi )

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Watched the game, it was amazing. It’s a great finals series, any team left can win it. Hope the Jazz can do it.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I'm still not sure LeBron makes that starting 5. When you've got Magic handling the ball, wouldn't you prefer a clutch scorer like KD or Bird in the 3 spot?

Greatest 6th man of all time, though.

ThePercies

Tiger Superstar
Apr 8, 2007
Bendigo
Ben Simmons. Great athlete but nothing other than an average NBA player. He chokes like nothing I've seen in a long long time

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Would be huge for them to come back from that loss. They looked shell shocked those last few minutes.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Nobody can defend 4-14 free throws in a clutch game where you lose by 3 points after leading by 26.
Ben has the yips. He's got to turn that around fast or he's *smile*.
Yep. Benny is a force defensively, incredible passer and a runaway freight train on the break but in the half court in the playoffs he is nonexistent. Needs to work on a post game if he is going to refuse to shoot a jump shot.

KD on the other hand, what a weapon. Seven footer with a jumper that cannot be stopped. Best scorer of all time with MJ.
WALKING BUCKET.

ThePercies

Tiger Superstar
Apr 8, 2007
Bendigo
Hah hah hah… suck *smile* Suxers. What a gag.
Yep. Ben is who he is. As I said he will never be anything other than an average NBA player.

You could see Atlanta coming back. Was all there to see. Once it happened I couldn't stop laughing. Reminded me of Richmond once upon a time :D

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Yep. Benny is a force defensively, incredible passer and a runaway freight train on the break but in the half court in the playoffs he is nonexistent. Needs to work on a post game if he is going to refuse to shoot a jump shot.

KD on the other hand, what a weapon. Seven footer with a jumper that cannot be stopped. Best scorer of all time with MJ.
WALKING BUCKET.
Simmons is a very good basketballer, but as you say until he can contribute consistently in offense, when needed, he wont be great.

i was hoping for a Simmons/KD match up in the conference finals, but it looks like the 76ers have blown that.

ThePercies

Tiger Superstar
Apr 8, 2007
Bendigo
Where will Ben end up in the NBA off season. Who is going to take a punt on a guy who can do everything other than shoot. Going to be very interesting to see where he ends up..

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Where will Ben end up in the NBA off season. Who is going to take a punt on a guy who can do everything other than shoot. Going to be very interesting to see where he ends up..
I would wait until they are eliminated before considering too many trade options, but if they fail this series he needs to be paired with a Lillard/Harden/KD/Doncic who can score on demand.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
When they're forced into a half-court offence, Simmons needs to play the low post. Be the PF. He's not going to become a shooter now.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
When they're forced into a half-court offence, Simmons needs to play the low post. Be the PF. He's not going to become a shooter now.
Bingo. Play low, if you don’t get it be a screener and flash hard to the basket. Be active. But I still love watching him play.

Reactions: 1 users
< Movies | Boxing >