Basketball | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Basketball

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Ridley said:
Yep even a 42 point triple double can not stop the mighty Celtics! Missing their two best players and they keep getting written off but they keep on winning.

2-0 lead now :clap
How long till Hayward plays again ? That was N G Brown like

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
tigerman said:
Talk of LeBron joining Ben Simmons at the 76ers next year.
Pretty sure Philli had big billboards all the way from the airport trying to encourage LeBron to come to the 76ers, hope it works better for them then the “ come to us dusty” did for the Norf fans.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Mr Brightside said:
Pretty sure Philli had big billboards all the way from the airport trying to encourage LeBron to come to the 76ers, hope it works better for them then the “ come to us dusty” did for the Norf fans.

;D

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Mr Brightside said:

I hope it doesn't. The Celtics have got the 76ers covered; unless Lebron joins the 76ers.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Mr Brightside said:
How long till Hayward plays again ? That was N G Brown like

Yeah it was a shocker. But they say he'll be as good as new and ready for the next season when it starts. I guess time will tell.

E

easy_tiger

forgive my ignorance, but I know next to nothing of basketball.

Why do they wear the sock things on their arms?

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
easy said:

Covers up prison tats

Isn’t it for compression or to stop court rash

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
easy said:

The artist formerly known as Corn Chips is probably right easy.

But half of them wear leggings as well! They play indoors so I can't imagine it's that cold.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
easy said:

Probably cos they are wankers.

Or possibly/most likely to stop tendonitis i would suspect in their shooting arm / dribbling arm with the constant flexion and extension of the elbow joint, hence the comment about compression.

That i can believe but if its not for that its probably a wanker thing ;D

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
craig said:
Probably cos they are wankers.

Or possibly/most likely to stop tendonitis i would suspect in their shooting arm / dribbling arm with the constant flexion and extension of the elbow joint, hence the comment about compression.

That i can believe but if its not for that its probably a wanker thing ;D

As most of the players who wear the sleeves have it on their shooting arm, I'm going to go with that option.

I used to play a fair bit of bball and it would be absolutely freezing in the stadiums during winter. Considering a fair few games happen where it snows (Timberwolves say hi) it may be a bit frosty, and if you are cold, way more injuries.

Go Celtics! Larry Bird Rules!

LeBron James is an awesome basketballer but gets treated like Selwood.

In case you missed it... Go C's! ;D

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Ridley said:
I hope it doesn't. The Celtics have got the 76ers covered; unless Lebron joins the 76ers.
Possibly going to get to the Garden in October, just waiting to see the draw if it fits in, big chance to get to Philli to see “simmo” and possibly LeBron play

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
K3 said:
Go Celtics! Larry Bird Rules!

LeBron James is an awesome basketballer but gets treated like Selwood.

In case you missed it... Go C's! ;D

Hear hear K3 :clap

Go Celtics. And no doubt Lebron gets "star calls" as the Yanks like to say.

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
Said to a mate that I thought the Cavs would bounce back at home, but nothing like what happened in the first game! Fortunately the C's pulled things together better for the second, and actually played the team more betterer. Reckon we are back on track to get the win at home. As long as we can hold the Garden it is all good, who gives a toss *at this point* of losing on the road?

Win at home, you take the series.

It is sure going to be fun watching the C's next season, with Haywood and Kyrie back on the floor. Really hoping we can add a quality big to the line-up and ditch Monroe; while he is great on offence, he is too slow on D and leak points.

A question for you basketball fans, especially Celtics, is... Thoughts on Smart? Does he bring more good or bad to the team when on the floor?

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
K3 said:
Said to a mate that I thought the Cavs would bounce back at home, but nothing like what happened in the first game! Fortunately the C's pulled things together better for the second, and actually played the team more betterer. Reckon we are back on track to get the win at home. As long as we can hold the Garden it is all good, who gives a toss *at this point* of losing on the road?

Win at home, you take the series.

It is sure going to be fun watching the C's next season, with Haywood and Kyrie back on the floor. Really hoping we can add a quality big to the line-up and ditch Monroe; while he is great on offence, he is too slow on D and leak points.

A question for you basketball fans, especially Celtics, is... Thoughts on Smart? Does he bring more good or bad to the team when on the floor?

Yep Celtics are set next year no matter what happens this year (pending Danny Ainge going berserk on trades again!). If we keep our core we have the East covered; unless Lebron goes to Philly. The incremental growth and improvement in players such as Tatum, Brown, Rozier and Smart, plus the return a fit Irving and Hayward will make us extremely hard to beat.

Although we may need to somehow get a big high class centre to take on GSW and Houston in the west and bag our 18th banner. Moose Monroe is certainly not the answer.

As for Marcus Smart, I reckon he's awesome. I know he can be frustrating and have brain fades but his defensive play is just unbelievable; IMO he's one of the top 5 defensive players in the NBA. He can also be extremely creative in the point guard role when required. He actually reminds me a bit of Alex Rance early in his career. He's a heart and soul player and I hope we keep him.

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
Ridley said:
Yep Celtics are set next year no matter what happens this year (pending Danny Ainge going berserk on trades again!). If we keep our core we have the East covered; unless Lebron goes to Philly. The incremental growth and improvement in players such as Tatum, Brown, Rozier and Smart, plus the return a fit Irving and Hayward will make us extremely hard to beat.

Although we may need to somehow get a big high class centre to take on GSW and Houston in the west and bag our 18th banner. Moose Monroe is certainly not the answer.

As for Marcus Smart, I reckon he's awesome. I know he can be frustrating and have brain fades but his defensive play is just unbelievable; IMO he's one of the top 5 defensive players in the NBA. He can also be extremely creative in the point guard role when required. He actually reminds me a bit of Alex Rance early in his career. He's a heart and soul player and I hope we keep him.

Certainly agree about Smart being a 'heart and soul' player buuut when you have a guy who often shoots under 20%, largely through terrible shot selection, he can single-handedly lose us games, just as he has also single-handedly won us games (a big hello to James Harden ;))

I also think he is better when he is in an off-the-ball position, with Rozier, Larken, and next year Kyrie taking the main distribution role. When off-ball he can wreck a bit of havoc with some kaos defence and general OTT annoyance factor.

I too hope he stays, just as long as his pay is in line with his positives and negatives.

Go C's!

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Interesting to notice that LeBron when interviewed after game 5 didn't have any sponsors logos on the cap and hoody that he was wearing. I don't know whether this is the norm, i haven't paid much attention before.

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
tigerman said:
Interesting to notice that LeBron when interviewed after game 5 didn't have any sponsors logos on the cap and hoody that he was wearing. I don't know whether this is the norm, i haven't paid much attention before.

When I have watched his interviews post-game, he is often all suited up and looking the goods. Suppose he is past sponsors being able to force stuff on him anymore. Like Chuck Norris, he doesn't get dropped by sponsors, he drops them!