Basketball | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Basketball

Scottie Barnes is an absolute stud!

Probably not 'face of the league' but future superstar.
Good player but not superstar. Hasn't made the Allstar team yet, bit early for superstar.

Met him in person a few times and he is a really down-to-earth guy. Dad is a crack up too.

The money may change him, but last year he was still all good.
Yeah good kid, great family. Hope this goes away. Confused by what the NBA is doing now.

Reactions: 1 user
Good player but not superstar. Hasn't made the Allstar team yet, bit early for superstar.

Yeah good kid, great family. Hope this goes away. Confused by what the NBA is doing now.
Yep, that's why I said "future".

Embid drops 70 on Wemby and crushed the Spurs - made it look easy too. On the same night Towns has 62 taking hero shots all night and loses the game. Know who I’d rather.

Reactions: 1 users
Meanwhile the next big thing in Oz basketball- Johnny Furphy top scores with 23 for Kansas in a Big 12 contest with my old favourite the Cincinnati Bearcats. Led the team in rebounds too. Only his 4th or 5th time in the starting five - won’t be sitting on the bench for the rest of the season is my guess. Great name too, eh? Remember it.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Embid drops 70 on Wemby and crushed the Spurs - made it look easy too. On the same night Towns has 62 taking hero shots all night and loses the game. Know who I’d rather.
Jokic! (don't tell Brodders)

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Meanwhile the next big thing in Oz basketball- Johnny Furphy top scores with 23 for Kansas in a Big 12 contest with my old favourite the Cincinnati Bearcats. Led the team in rebounds too. Only his 4th or 5th time in the starting five - won’t be sitting on the bench for the rest of the season is my guess. Great name too, eh? Remember it.
You made that name up, didnt you??

• Haha
NBA players with 70 points and 15+ rebounds in the last 60 years- 1- Joel Embiid (70pts/ 18rebounds)
NBA players with 70 points, 15+ rebounds & 5+ assists ever- 1- Joel Embiid
NBA players with 70 points, 7+ rebounds in under 43 minutes- 1- Joel Embiid (37mins)

Opponents are just openly acknowledging they cant stop him.
Except the Celtics-He needs to drop a big line against them next game i reckon.

• Love
NBA players with 70 points and 15+ rebounds in the last 60 years- 1- Joel Embiid (70pts/ 18rebounds)
NBA players with 70 points, 15+ rebounds & 5+ assists ever- 1- Joel Embiid
NBA players with 70 points, 7+ rebounds in under 43 minutes- 1- Joel Embiid (37mins)

Opponents are just openly acknowledging they cant stop him.
Except the Celtics-He needs to drop a big line against them next game i reckon.
He needs to step up in finals games generally. It’s the one glaring weakness in his resume. I still think Philly are one solid third option scorer away from genuinely contending. The Celtic top 7 are awesome.

He needs to step up in finals games generally. It’s the one glaring weakness in his resume. I still think Philly are one solid third option scorer away from genuinely contending. The Celtic top 7 are awesome.
Yes despite the impressively large haul that really is the only thing stopping Embiid being called a great player now. If he performs at the business end he'll get the kudos he deserves.

Yes despite the impressively large haul that really is the only thing stopping Embiid being called a great player now. If he performs at the business end he'll get the kudos he deserves.
Agree. He was a deserved winner of the MVP last year, and should be leading again this year, but while he is no James Harden in the play offs, he wont be the best player in the game until dominates the play offs like Jokic did last year.

Great to see Exum back on court. Must be amazing for him and Green to watch Doncic hoist 73 points. Or maybe not.