Basketball | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Basketball

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Geez - Simmons in the Olympics is challenging even my loyalty. Could be immensely disruptive and affect the balance of the team makeup significantly. He would have to play point to extract maximum impact out of him relegating Giddey to the bench. But if we can find shooters to supplement him maybe worthwhile. No room for Thybulle or Cooks in that team though - which I have no problem with. He rebounds and defends better than both of them put together - which is saying something isn’t it.
Im sure if he is fit and keen he will considered, but he would have to be in pretty decent form to be worth including in a team that will most likely have Giddey, Green, Daniels, Exum and Thybulle already.- a lot of passing and defending, but not a heap of reliable shooting.

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
Nice work by the Knicks in the trade period. Completely revamped their squad with exactly the pieces they needed. If Robinson comes back healthy this season - they’re capable of anything.

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
OKC go out and grab 'sick boy', aka Gordon Hayward.

Good move or bust?

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Yep. It surprises me how much of a ball watcher Giddey has become on defence. He’s an absolute statue off ball.
Opposition have worked OKC out. They're giving Josh the shots & double/triple teaming SGA & others.
Giddey's game is sliding fast at that ball club. Bit sad to see really but he's being exposed.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Its a bit frustrating watching Giddey & Simmons. Great ball handlers with great vision but both can't shoot a jump shot.

SImmons should be driving harder at the basket, he can finish at the ring. I struggle to understand his reluctance to take it to the hoop.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Its a bit frustrating watching Giddey & Simmons. Great ball handlers with great vision but both can't shoot a jump shot.

SImmons should be driving harder at the basket, he can finish at the ring. I struggle to understand his reluctance to take it to the hoop.
It comes from his bad free throw shooting (and his lack of confidence in his free throw shooting). He doesnt want to get fouled.

FitenFitenWin

Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
Absolutely nothing about the All Star stuff interests me. Like most of the players that aren’t participating, I imagine, I enjoy the week off.

Patty waived by the Hawks. Wonder if we might see him suit up in the NBL next year.
Rose Gold documentary on ABC iview shows the huge amount of work him and Joe Ingles have done creating a culture for the boomers. One of the absolute superstars of Australian men’s basketball. For me up there with Gaze (x2), Bogut, and Palubinkas.

FitenFitenWin

Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
Rose Gold documentary on ABC iview shows the huge amount of work him and Joe Ingles have done creating a culture for the boomers. One of the absolute superstars of Australian men’s basketball. For me up there with Gaze (x2), Bogut, and Palubinkas.
Palubinskas! Now there’s a name I haven’t seen in along time. A scoring phenom. Not sure about his place in setting cultural standards though. Played against him once - best spectating I’ve ever done.

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
The Celtics beat the Warriors by ***52*** points.

What the heck happened in that game?

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
Steph Curry played 17 mins. Must be tanking.
Yeah, but all the starters, on both teams, had really low minutes.

It is like the Cs blew them out in the first half and then both teams went to the bench.

Crazy huge margin.