Basketball | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Basketball

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Not a choke but poor execution. Really deserved to win in normal time. Ref call against bogut a shocker

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Taking Spain off the travel list.

Reactions: 1 user

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
It’s over. Turnovers at crucial moments
Turnovers galore. Not too mention awful field shot attempts and poor decisions. Ingles and Mills are great players but both of them absolutely stunk it up from halfway through last quarter. Both in shooting and turnovers.

Spain is obviously a great team but we should have won that. We tightened up and panicked from halfway through the last quarter. It was a massive choke; no other way to describe it. We may never get a better chance to win a gold medal.

We blew it pure and simple.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Not a choke but poor execution. Really deserved to win in normal time. Ref call against bogut a shocker
Disagree. Poor execution, passes, shot selection and turnovers killed us.

From halfway through last quarter we choked.

But do agree the ref call against Bogut was bad. But even with that we should have won.

mainlandy

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2004
Mont Albert
That was a definite choke by Australia, that last 5 minutes of the second half was a nightmare. Kay missing that shot under the ring cost us big time he choked. We didn’t get the rub of the green with the refs in those last 3 minutes either as has been said that foul on Bogut was rubbish.
Every time I see Ingles play, he plays crap, turnovers, missing 3s.
And the amount of times they let Gasol shoot 3s was ridiculous

casper68

Tiger Champion
Oct 20, 2004
dromana
Disagree. Poor execution, passes, shot selection and turnovers killed us.

From halfway through last quarter we choked.

But do agree the ref call against Bogut was bad. But even with that we should have won.
It was a choke for me, we stop moving in offence in the last quarter.
Memo to Ben Simmons, we really needed a point guard who could penetrate the key in the last quarter.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Clear choke for me. Guns went missing, questionable rotations by the coach. If they wanted players to shoot and miss the ring completely then i could have been subbed in. Pretty sure Gaze groaned clearly when Goulding came back on. Baynes shouldn't have been taken off.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Boomers have given up another big lead in bronze medal playoff against France. Up 15 halfway through 3rd quarter now down by 4 with 2 minutes to go. Another choke on the cards.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Wow Mills has just mis dribbled and given away a cross court violation :rolleyes:

Weekend basketballer mistake. They have lost all composure for the 2nd game in a row.

Now Ingles air balls. Down by 7 with 47 seconds to go.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
All over. Up by 15 lost by 8. Not sure how they did it but they’ve managed to back up the Spanish choke with an even bigger French choke. This team has an enormous gorilla on its back.

Ingles and Mills are arguably our best players. But in both games they’re offensive play making has completely fallen apart once they amassed a decent lead. Turnovers; air balls, cross court violations they had the lot. Mills even dribbled the ball of his heel like a D grade battler.

Really disappointing end to the tournament. They panicked and choked.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Yeah, Ingles was brilliant for two-and-a-half quarters, scoring 17 of about 44 at one point, then he decided he wasn't going to shoot anymore. He had an open 3 when France was getting close in the third and instead he dribbled into no man's land and dished to a bloke in a worse spot than the one he started in.

Mills the opposite, kept taking shots, and driving to the bucket only to miss lay-ups.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Blown the biggest chance ever to win gold. We were better than Spain and France but froze at the most important moments. Doubt we ever get an opportunity like that again. Sad for Bogut who has been as dedicated to playing for the boomers as anyone.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Great finals series in NBA going on. Great win by the Nuggets in 7 over the ever unlikable Clippers. Jokic huge in this series and Murray a great Game 7.

They could win it all although they would be pretty exhausted. Hope they topple the Lakers next.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Great finals series in NBA going on. Great win by the Nuggets in 7 over the ever unlikable Clippers. Jokic huge in this series and Murray a great Game 7.

They could win it all although they would be pretty exhausted. Hope they topple the Lakers next.
Yeah well done to the Nuggets and yes really hope they can beat the Lakers. I'm a Celtics fan so the Lakers are like Scumwood to me.

Celtics unfortunately rolled in overtime by the Heat in Game 1 of ECF.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Ben Simmonds becomes the third fastest player in NBA history to record 30 triple doubles. Decent effort.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Anyone watching the finals?

Good to see the Lakers out, interesting end to the game with Lebron not hanging around to congratulate the winners. Not sure if it really meant Paul came up big in the 4th quarter, and Booker is a star.

Interesting to see Paul's reaction yesterday to a bump on the shoulder. He wrihted around in agony like he'd been shot. You assumed he wouldn't play again the way he carried on. Very Lebron like. Yet he played on that game and played well today. Wonder if the local press poke fun at the overreactions?

Hope the Nuggets beat them in the next round and would love to see the Jazz win the lot.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Changing of the guard, Booker was superb. Lakers just too injured to get a run at it. Still think they need a third scorer. Schroder, Kuzma, KCP, Gasol all weren't up to it.

Thinking it will be Sixers- Brooklyn in the East with, Jazz-Suns in the West.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Changing of the guard, Booker was superb. Lakers just too injured to get a run at it. Still think they need a third scorer. Schroder, Kuzma, KCP, Gasol all weren't up to it.

Thinking it will be Sixers- Brooklyn in the East with, Jazz-Suns in the West.
James is probably the best basketball player ever IMO but why is he so hard to like? Is there anyone on here who loves the way he goes about it?

I have little affection for him, think he overplays injuries and stages a lot but is an amazing player. His vision and passing is what separates him for mine and when he wants to be is an elite defender. And his athleticism for his size and age is great.