Ben Dixon | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ben Dixon

Bulluss

Go the Mighty Tigers
Aug 11, 2003
Melbourne
Do any of you rate Ben Dixon?

i believe that Hawthorn will trade him for sure this year. we were closely linked to him last year and could be a handy player on the half foward-full foward line.

I really think that we need a foward in the mold of a Dixon or Robertson who can play tall, take a good grab and most importantly kick a goal.

Any thoughts?

OMH

Tiger Cub
Jan 4, 2003
I wouldn't go near him but that's just me. Too soft, got enough of that type already.

Tiger_clairvoyant

I'm a llama!
Aug 24, 2003
NO WAY! And thats being kind! Soft,lazy, and inconsistent as OMH said. Let him stay at Hawthorn and continue to be over-rated by them and their fans. ::)

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
If they are interested in a straight swap for his Richmond counterpart Adan Houlihan, then by all means.

A softcock for a softcock, sounds fair to me.

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
Dixon is too inconsistanct. Plays one good game and than 6 shockers. Alittle like some players we already have.

Does Pettifer, Rogers, King & Bidderscum for Ben Dixon and a draft pick sound fair ? I guess Hawthorn wouldnt be stupid enough. We've already given up our 3rd draft pick, maybe a 4th rounder for Dixon ?

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Ditcho and Dixon, nancy boys who like to watch themselves on the big screen in the same team. Pleeeeeeease!!!

sgloury

Tiger Superstar
Aug 9, 2003
Melbourne
Diggler,

Who should the Tigers be targeting?

You seem to bag many players but I don't see too many suggestions coming forward from you.

Who would you target?

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Young tiger. The club has got it all wrong by targeting the likes of Stevens and Browne, when the main problem is our senior core players, from the captain down, are cronic, habitual, not up to it, never will be, Losers!!!
Our club will not amount to anthing until all these players are gone from the game for good.
The club should be clearing 80% of their list in 2-3 years and recruiting the best youth in the country.
Sadly, Miller and Frawley, are only looking for short term, band aid solutions, in a futile attempt to boost memberships and keep their jobs for more than one year.
Do you really think that Brown and Stevens are the answers to our prayers, surrounded by professional chokers like Richo, Holland, Cambo and the Kellaway brothers?

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
I agree diggler, our core group are simply not up to it (captain aside). IMHO the club need to accept this and begin rebuilding by developing a new core group of player who can potentially carry the side to success.

We only have 2 players in Coughlan and Ottens who are up to standard and will potentially be avaliable long enough to see a new side develop. Richmond need to not trade away their first and second round picks and start using them better so we can draft good talent rather than trading for a player midway through their career.

sgloury

Tiger Superstar
Aug 9, 2003
Melbourne
Diggler and TF,

I do not necessarily agree that our senior core players are the crux of the problem.

If you look at our top 6 or 8 core senior players and the equivalent 6 - 8 senior core players at the Sydney Swans, there probably isn't a lot of difference between them.

The difference in my opinion is that the Swans have bonded well together under Paul Roos and have played some excellent team football. Paul Roos has been able to get the best out of his list (which isn't that much better than Richmond's in my opinion - this is vindicated by the fact that most experts were tipping the Swans for a bottom 4 finish this year) whereas Danny Frawley has not been able to get the best out of his core Senior players, his middle range players or his fringe players in the past two seasons (with a couple of exceptions).

I suppose one option that Richmond does have is to trade all players over say 24 years of age and stock up on early draft picks which are invested in kids (this is what I understand Diggler to be suggesting). This would ensure that the next 2 to 3 years are spent at the bottom of the ladder which in itself would ensure that we get the best draft picks in that year - with the hope that in 5 years time we will have a list full of emerging young stars starting to hit their prime. This is basically what has occurred at St Kilda over the past 3 years until now. This is obviously an option but in itself is no guarantee of success. I remember when we went for youth and plenty of it when KB first coached the club and unfortunately the patiently waited for glory days never eventuated.

I would like to see Richmond get the best coach and recruiting staff available to see if they can get the best out of the quality players that we do have and supplement them with the best available talent.

Y

YiriSS

diggler

just curious

why dont you rate andy kellaway?
as far as i have seen him this year, chubba has been pretty consistantly good.
same for the last 2 years in fact