If I were a rich man diddle dum.... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

If I were a rich man diddle dum....

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
If money wasn't an object and you could pick one player from any other club to come to Richmond who would it be?

Imo we're too crap for a short term fix so I'd go for youth.

Johnathon Brown for me. He's a dual premiership player and I think he's only 21. My preference is to go for height, and Johnathon is skillful, fast and pretty tough as well as tall.

Probably have Nick Riewoldt as second pick.

jackstar

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 5, 2003
I would agree with you Rosy, J. Brown for me as well.
Close second , Gary Ablett Jnr, I reckon he will be a gun in 2 years.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
He'll be 22 in October shawry. Also I spelt his name incorrectly. Should have been Jonathan.

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Brown would be sensational. On this season's form, I wouldn't mind Adam Goodes in the yellow and black too.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Brown as a simply a young player

and Voss - leadership, leadership and did I mention leadership. $$ wise I'd give Voss anything and everything

kb7882

Tiger Champion
Jul 10, 2003
Lilydale
Riewoldt by a mile. If he can stay injury-free, he could be anything. Has the lot, including a bit of maturity past his years.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
If only,

J Brown, Pavlich or Reiwolt, in that order, just. They're all big, fast, tough, smart, good and young. I reckon Brown is as good as he's gunna be, which is pretty damn good, but I could be wrong. What a player. Pavlich could be anything, the next king of the comp I reckon. To see Reiwolt wipe the floor with Richo was scary. Judd wouldn't be bad either.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Brown doesn't kick many goals though. He does some Carey-like things which are spectacular but I've seen lots of games where he does *smile* all.

I'd go for Pavlich. Can you imagine how strong he will be by mid 20s? Its a scary thought.

Reiwoldt looks like a player that still has lots of potential in him. Wouldn't mind him either.

Tiger in a Tube

Richmond Redeemer
Sep 11, 2003
www.puntroad.com
Same for me. Pavlich, Brown, Reiwoldt. All KPP btw.

Tiger Snake - you reckon Brown's peaked? :eek: That he's not gunna get better? Fairly harsh on the young fella I'd have thought. CHFs get better and don't peak til they're 26-27. IMHO of course

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
I know what you're saying tube man. But I reckon Brown is the exception that proves the rule re. CHF development. But like I said, he's very good now and in my top 3 wished-for players. He's a 1 man wrecking ball. If he keeps playing like he does he'll be stuffed by 28 ah la Royce Hart and Brereton. Pavlich is different, like giant fast midfielder who can take a big key-posi grab. Now I think about it I'd take a slice a Pav first.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Think I'd go the Pav, could be another Kouta fishead if he keeps developing Maybe a Reiwoldt next best.
The way Browny plays I reckon there's a good chance he could be a crock in about four years. He's already been having impact type injury problems.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Its pretty hard to split Reiwoldt and Pavlich... which makes me sick just thinking about it!

Maybe Reiwoldt by a nose hair.