Ben Rutten | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ben Rutten

Another really important piece of the puzzle falls into place. Our defence has looked downright shaky at times this year - this is the guy to take our emerging young backmen under his wing and really teach them their trade. Great result tiges!!

Reactions: 6 users
I’m excited about Godcus and Truck forming a similar relationship that he had with Rance

Reactions: 8 users
Awesome news! How much happier will he be back "home" in that role.

Reactions: 1 user
I wonder if Truck looked after us with the soft cap considering his 600k exit bonus , geez I hope he sends a slab of Furphy around for Dudoro , with out his brilliant list management, Truck wouldn’t be at Punt rd

Re-establishing Balta as a key back looms as Rutten’s no.1 task after we shunted him all over the field this year.

Great appointment getting Rutten back.

Reactions: 3 users
Well done Tiges and welcome back Truck, he won't know himself when he starts back.

Essendon - what an awful organisation

Reactions: 1 users
Great news.
Says a lot about Beavis I reckon.

Doesn't mind getting oppo coaches back.
Just a great work place the Rfc.
Took Leppa back after failed gig at BrisVegas.
Took the Teague Train back.
Now backing The Truck up.
Also shows they are addressing our probs in defence.
We just allowed too many scores. Too easily.

If we can now jag Quentin and Dennis without too much collateral damage I will be happy.
Don't give any future picks away, Beavis and co.

Reactions: 4 users
I wonder if Truck looked after us with the soft cap considering his 600k exit bonus , geez I hope he sends a slab of Furphy around for Dudoro , with out his brilliant list management, Truck wouldn’t be at Punt rd
Yeah hopefully he has signed on for $50K for the first year (obviously increases to market rate in subsequent years) and those losers at Arsendon still have to cough up around $550K next year. I reckon that whole scenario sucks; he had a contract and Arsendon sacked him. They should have to pay him what he is owed regardless of whether he gets another job. They made their bed they should lie in it.

Anyway this is a great move and it's good to have him back. I look forward to him tightening up our defence, developing our young players and making us harder to score against.

Reactions: 5 users