Best game I've ever seen live | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Best game I've ever seen live

wagstaff

Tiger Cub
Mar 10, 2003
Melbourne
Great comeback, this could be the making of Richmond's season. The self-belief they will get from this will be huge, everything suggests they are on the road to finals now.

Midfield was sensational from half-time, great to see the defence keep the opposition to under 100 points again!

Only disappointments were Gaspar (had his first poor game of the season) and more particularly Pettifer and Hilton, who both failed to impress for the second week in a row.

I don't know what Mills form has been for Coburg recently, but surely he would be a better bet then Pettifer.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Totally agree - best game I've seen live. This win is so important because it will give them confidence in their abilities to be able to win regardless of the scoreboard.

Too often when we have been significantly behind we have been inclined to throw the game away and never put up a fight. I thought we were no chance and even at half time I wasn't confident. This is because richmond have never shown this fighting spirit. Coughlan, Campbell and Johnson lead the way today.

Also agree with Pettifer - I think its time to give him a full game at Coburg. Mills or Hyde deserve their chance and deserve the perseverence Pettifer has received.

Hilton was dissapointing but he was played on and off the bench alot and is moved around alot and can't really settle into one position.

Saw the Stafford incident on TV and didn't look too bad - it looked like Staff had eyes on the ball. If we happen to lose staff and richo then we might be going into next weeks game with the shortest ever side. might need to bring in Schulz and Vardy (can't beleive I said Vardy).

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Best game I didn't get to, ha.
Rory was ordinary today but we know what he can do.......Pettifer has been ordinary every game. I can't for the life of me see how he will ever make a player unless he goes back to the VFL to get a few touches and has to earn his keep in the side.
I can't think of a player every getting so many AFL games for so little return.
Something doesn't ring true there for me, must be some ulterior motive.
If Mills and Hyde are getting named in the best for Coburg on a regular basis, surely they deserve a go.
Might be time to bring Vardy in with Richo out, or Schulz if he's ready.

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
A game in Adelaide would probably be as good a place as any for Schulz to debut in front of family and friends.

Vardy kicked 4 for Coburg so he must be considered, and with Richo definately out, and Staff possibly, Holland may need to come back earlier than planned