beware the mcguire virus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

beware the mcguire virus

mickctiger

new coach and players needed now!!!
Apr 26, 2003
Melbourne
from www.cnnnn.com
The McGuire Virus continues to sweep across the world virtually unchecked. Experts have warned computer users not to open any email attachment marked 'McGuire', 'Eddie' or 'Millionaire', or they risk their systems being decimated by the virus, nicknamed "Eddie Everywhere".

The virus was first isolated at Channel 9, where it rapidly spread from the 'Footy Show' to game shows, football commentary and even decimated this year's Logie Awards.

"It was horrible," said one onlooker. "Four hours of unabated McGuire just ruined everything — not a single laugh. It even made me miss Wendy Harmer."

This week, the pervasive virus even infected the well-guarded computer systems of the world's leading newstainment network, CNNNN.

The network's popular newsbar was infested with McGuire, and the virus quickly spread throughout the network's transmission equipment, replacing all the other images going to air with the chilling image of Eddie McGuire.

Within ten minutes the entire network had shut down, and transmission stopped while technicians rushed to repair the security breach. It was hours before the network recovered fully and could be certified McGuire free.

During its attack on CNNNN, the infection spread even to the network's NewsBand, who launched into an unscheduled performance of 'Good Old Collingwood Forever' that terrified those who were watching in the studio.

Virologists say that support for the Magpies is one of the most unpleasant symptoms caused by the virus, and believe that it is the main reason why Collingwood remains the most popular team in the AFL.

was watching last night and it got too the stage where not only did the cnnnn news band started palying good old collingwood , even the news readers started to look like eddie, really scary stuff