Boss Quiz 2 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Boss Quiz 2

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Here is the second Boss Quiz, reminiscing of some of the duds who played for us in the "Dirty Decade" (mid 80s to mid 90s).

1. Which player made his debutagainst Sydney in the mid 80s and lined up on Warwick Capper who went on to kick 10 goals on him? What number did he wear?

2. Name the Ruckman that we recruited from Carlton in the late 80s?

3. What was Craig lambert's original guernsey number before moving to Number 4?

4. Which current AFL players brother pleyed on Gary Ablett when he kicke 14 goals against us in the late 80s? What number did he wear?

5. Which player was sacked after we got flogged by 141 against the Kangaroos in the early 90s where John Longmire kicked 14 goals? What number did he wear?

Good luck
The Boss

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Shawry got question 2 correct, well done

Flea got question 1 correct, but has given the wrong number. What numbers did Delicate Des wear at Richmond (he wore 2 during his career)?

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
4. Was it Simon Clarke who went on to play with Springvale?

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
MT - The answer to question 4 is not Simon Clarke.
This player's brother is a current AFL player.

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
The Glove 3:

Question 3 is correct, Lambert's original number was 53

Question 4 incorrect - not John Manton

Question 5 - Correct Michael Thompson (husband of radio presenter Brigitte Duclos) was made the scapegoat after our 141 pt flogging to North.

2 questions remained unanswered:

Ques 1 - The number worn by Des Ryan on debut against Sydney (he then went on to wear 32)

Ques 4 - which current AFL player's brother played on Gary Ablett when he kicked 14 goals in the late 80s?

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Boss is the game a home and away game or a pre season game?
The only other player I can think of is Jay Burton, but I'm not aware of him actually playing a senior game.

CARN THE TIGES!!!!

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Tigerman - it was definately a home and away game in the late 80s where Ablett destroyed us and kicked 14.
It was not Jay Burton (you're right he didn't play senior footy)

Dean 3 it was not Michael Pickering.

From memory this player was also captain of under 19s and his brother is still playing AFL for a Victorian club.

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Dean 3 - I don't recall any Wiggins playing for us in the late 80s. There is a Patrick Wiggins playing for the Bulldogs at the moment however.
Perhaps you are thinking of Stuart Wigney who played for us in the mid 90s - no, it's not him!!

Another clue - this players brother currently plays for a Victorian CLub that is located in close proximity to Richmond. He was originally from Scoresby and Vermont Football clubs.

Tigerblood

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 18, 2002
How about one of these? -

Tim Livingston, brother of current Carlton player Luke?

Robert Walker, brother of current Collingwood player Tristen?

Tim Powell, brother of current St Kilda player Stephen?

Michael Mitchell, brother of current Hawthorn player Sam?

My guess is it's Mitchell - these guys are dead-ringers for each other.