Boss Quiz 2 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Boss Quiz 2

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Tigerblood, I think you know the answer to that post.
NO.
It was very amusing however.

My last clue: this players brother currently plays for Hawthorn.

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
YES, Kris Barlow's brother Paul Barlow played on Gary Ablett when Ablett kicked 14 goals. He wore Number 48.
Well done Dean 3

The other question that was unanswered was Des Ryan original number was 47.

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Nice one Boss, love the quizes.

And well done MT, I don't remember Paul Barlow. Only knew that Kris Barlow was from Vermont.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Same here Deano. I just remember there being a Paul Barlow. If he played in the under 19's I must have remembered his name from there.

hungry1

eat em alive tigers
Apr 4, 2003
melbourne
What coach would put a player like Paul Barlow on one of the best players this game has ever seen?? Must have been one of the dumbest match ups of the century.

Amost ranks alongside Thomas's match up of Xavier Clarke on James Hird last week. That was a nice move by the supercoach!! :)

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Flea- in fairness to KB, Ablett had about 18 opponents that day!!!!

Agree about Clarke (the most unaccountable player in the league) playing on Hird - now that was a joke.

hungry1

eat em alive tigers
Apr 4, 2003
melbourne
Boss I think I was there that day. Was that the day where he started on the wing kicked 7 goals and then was moved up forward because they diddn't think he was kicking enough goals?? If memory serves we lost by over 100 points.

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Gary Ablett dominated us on so many occasions i am getting them all mixed up!!
Yes, I'm pretty sure he started on a wing and pushed forward. I was theer that day also, in the end you knew that each time the ball would go near him he would get it and kick a goal.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Date: 27-May-1989 Att. 24,321 Played at: M.C.G.

Richmond 2.4 4.7 7.11 10.17-77
Geelong 9.5 16.12 23.15 32.19-211

Ablett's quote after the game was something like "I was just glad to get a kick".

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I was there too, and it is the day that began my hatred of the Geelong Football Club.

I went on my own and by some massive misfortune was stuck among a heap of Cats fans.

As if being flogged didn't hurt enough, they chucked things at me, ruffled my hair each time Ablett got a goal, draped flags over my head.

It was my worst day of footy ever.

I've hated Geelong supporters ever since, and that was further strengthened by being near them when they flogged us in the final at Waverly.

Their cheersquad are the biggest pack of performing seals I've ever come across, and that guy leading them was the biggest wanker to follow football.

Wonder if he's still around? Haha if he is get stuck into him for me after we win will yas. ;D