Boss Quiz 4 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Boss Quiz 4

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Here is Boss Quiz 4 off the top of my head. Once again all questions are from the ‘Dirty decade” of the mid 80s to mid 90s.

I require the name of the player and the number he wore.

1. Name the 3 brothers that played for Richmond in the mid 80s to the late 90s?

2. Which former Richmond player played in a Grand Final with his new club in the early 1990s?

3. How many goals did David Cloke kick in his last game in the early 90s?

4. Who was the last Richmond player to kick 10 goals in a game?

5. Name the player who played his one and only game in Rnd 1 1991 against St Kilda?

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Ive got some of these answers i think off hte top of my head, but no numbers sorry

2. Peter Wilson for the WCE.
3. He kicked 8 goals to give him 333 goals from 333 games.
4. I am guessing Jeff Hogg but could be wrong.
5. I should know this but cant think at the moment sorry.
1. I wasthinkign Bowen brothers but can only name Shaun and Joel but was sure there was another one. CAnt remember though.

jackstar

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 5, 2003
lets try the following.

The Bower boys
nathan 22
Darren 16
Brendan no 31

2/ Brian Winton at essendon? (
3/ Cloke kicked 8 ( no 16 )
4/ Definetly JEFF HOGG kicked 10 goals( NO 34 ), I know that one.Good mates with Hoggy.
5/ say Nick Jewell ?( No 39 )

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Shawry,

Ques 1 - I had 3 other brothers in mind all are now retired.

Ques 2 - You're correct in answering Peter Wilson (no 19 and 5), there is also another player, do you know who that was?

Ques 3 - Clokey kicked 8 goals from 8 different kicks most of them where helicopters and floaters that found the goals.

Ques 4 - Jeff Hogg is correct, kicked 10 goals against the Pies in the "Mother's Day massacre" in 1991. What numbers did Hoggy wear for Richmond?

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Nick Jewell was a few years later.

I am thinking Shaun Bowden then got suspended and didnt play another game after that.

Clokey's 8 was Rd 22 1991 v Carlton. Good way ot end the year with Ty Esler andNathan Bower making hteir debuts.

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
jackstar said:
lets try the following.

The Bower boys
nathan 22
Darren 16
Brendan no 31

2/ Brian Winton at essendon? (
3/ Cloke kicked 8 ( no 16 )
4/ Definetly JEFF HOGG kicked 10 goals( NO 34 ), I know that one.Good mates with Hoggy.
5/ say Nick Jewell ?( No 39 )

Ques 2 - No not Brian Winton

Ques 3 - correct Clokey wore 33 in his first stint with us then 16.

Ques 4 - Hoggy is correct, what number did he wear prior to 34 (call him and ask him since he's your mate)

Ques 5 - not Nick Jewell

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Sorry Jackstar Quest 1 is correct - The Bower brothers
Brendan 31, Darren 16 (saw him last week at the footy ahs put on a stack of weight) and Nathan (22)

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
jackstar said:
Dont have to ring him, have jumpers in Wardrobe at home.

You're a star Jack, Hoggy wore 48 then 34.

Still need answers for:

Ques 2 (it's not B Young or Poole Shawry), the bloke I had in mind palyed in teh 1993 GF.

Ques 5 - this is a tough one, see how you go.

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
shawry said:
Not Jason Smith is it to play that one game in Rd1 1991?

Well done Shawry, it was Jason Smith. Just to prove to me (and others) that you didn't look that up, what number did he wear?

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
No idea mate I am here at work.

If I was at home would look in that AFL book that has all the premiership teams for Q1 and would get it. Cant think of it off the top of my head. No idea what number Smith wore htough sorry.

I am good at remembering names not numbers palyers wore. I promise you though I did not look that up.

jackstar

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 5, 2003
Jason 53 ?
You blokes wont believe this that I was drinking with Jason on Sunday night at a pub in Albert park.
He works down the wharfs.
Nice career for a guy who went to Assumption.
he not a bad bloke. the chicks love him.

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
jackstar said:
Jason 53 ?
You blokes wont believe this that I was drinking with Jason on Sunday night at a pub in Albert park.
He works down the wharfs.
Nice career for a guy who went to Assumption.
he not a bad bloke. the chicks love him.

Is theer anyone you don't know Jackstar?
53 is incorrect. Try again

Shawry well done on getting Jason Smith that was a real tough one. You'll probably recall he was drafted by carlton after leaving us. He was a gun player for Assumption and also a gun cricketer

The other unanswered question is 2 - Which former Richmong player played in a Grand Final in the early 90s (1993) Name and number please

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Answers:

1. Brendan, Darren & Nathan Bower
2. Tim Powell-Carlton
3. Cloke kicked 8
4. Jeff Hogg, as previously noted
5. Jason Smith No.50