Colliwobbles all the way to the bank! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Colliwobbles all the way to the bank!

Roar34

I wuv the Tiggers
Aug 10, 2003
Castlemaine
In The Age today it was announced that Collingwood (ugh!) could make up to $2 million profit this year. This will make it the third year in a row that the club has made more than a million $ profit since finishing with the wooden spoon in 1999.

How does this compare with Richmond's finances? Anyone care to comment?

Ox

"Waitin' for 05."
Aug 19, 2003
Roar34 said:
In The Age today it was announced that Collingwood (ugh!) could make up to $2 million profit this year. This will make it the third year in a row that the club has made more than a million $ profit since finishing with the wooden spoon in 1999.

When your president is host of one of the nations top rating sports programs,Is host of one of the worlds highest rating game shows(albeit syndicated),head commentator on the nine network and triple mmm,hosts the fu**ing logies and has more side-scams going than a prison yard, you SHOULD be announcing a 2million dollar profit.

RoyceHart

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 20, 2003
Melbourne
While Collingwood may produce a good result this year, I've seen a copy of their accounts from two years ago and from memory the "reported" $1m plus profit was more a case of smoke and mirrors before abnormal items which reduced this result to very little.

Having said this unless a not for profit club has a reason for accumulating large surpluses (such as for capital expenditure) they are overcharging their members.

sean pean

No. 6
Jul 12, 2003
Frankston
www.groovejett.com
well said ox

I'll never forget seeing eddie on the turf of the mcg with the now even more infamous brad cooper prior to the AFL centenary of federation game btw carlton and collingwood.

cooper had flown jimmy barnes and co down from sydney courtesy of the FAI/HIH company jet that day to do a few numbers prior the game.

no wonder hih went broke eh...

Ox

"Waitin' for 05."
Aug 19, 2003
Brad Cooper hey ?
Almost forgot about him SP. Didn't they lock him up for a minute?If not they should have. Amazing how eddie stopped dropping his name as soon as the *smile* hit The fan.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Roar34 said:

I read the article too Roar34 - I found it interesting that it finished by saying that the Pies would have about $4 million in reserves. For a team that has in the last 2 season had $1+ profits to have "only" $4 million in reserves is puzzling to me (hey I am accountant whoat do you expect)

On the subject of Richmond's finances - at the end of 2002 - the Club were in the Black to the tune of $2.5 million.

As to what will happen this year - they said in June/July that they were expecting to break even and that was subject to attnedances for the restof the year. Considering over the last few rounds our crowds dropped away I would not be surprised if we suffered a small loss

tassiedave

Wingman of the future!
Aug 5, 2003
Promotion & profile is everything.

Sheedy promotes & pushes up the Bombers every opportunity = $$$$$

Eddie & Malthouse the same = $$$$$

Crawford, very promotable, seen everywhere = $$$$$
Saints, the kids,kids,kids, its all about their youth and how good they are going to be = $$$$

Richmond ???
Geelong ???
Kangaroos ???
Doggies ???
Carlton - used their punishment by the AFL to whip up support anger = ??? won't last though.
D's ???

You snooze,you lose!

RFC not KFC

Tiger Superstar
May 2, 2003
Off the topic but interesting just the same.

Eddie McEverywhere based the Brodie Holland defence around an argument that he was reacting to being struck by Williams. McEddie claimed that channel 10 had edited the footage and that 11/100ths (ie 0.110) of a second before striking Williams footage showed Holland coping a 'jumper punch'. It was alleged that this was the action that drew a response.

The fastest legal reaction time allowed in International Athletics is 0.100. The fastest reaction time in the final of the men's 100 was 0.131.

Either Holland has a reaction time that puts him ahead of the world's best sprinters (who train on their reaction time) or Eddie was telling porky pies.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
RFC not KFC said:
Eddie McEverywhere based the Brodie Holland defence around an argument that he was reacting to being struck by Williams.

I thought he was reacting to seeing his g/f on a billboard.

On Eddiewood much as I hate them, I admire the way they have built up to be such a power.

Eddie/Buckley vs Casey/Campbo .... they are worlds apart in their public profile.

RFC not KFC

Tiger Superstar
May 2, 2003
Rosy I hate to say it but you're on the money. Triple Eddie has done fantastic things for Collingwood and he's used his postion to ensure that Buckley has has a charmed run in increasing his profile.

Even, if as many have suggested Rex, was to get involved in some official capacity at Tigerland he could not elevate the Tigers to the position Collingwood hold in the media. I'd be happy to see our profile increase on the back of some consistent performance similar to the way the Bombers have used Sheedy and a sustained run of on field success.

sean pean

No. 6
Jul 12, 2003
Frankston
www.groovejett.com
we have the worlds worst media profile at the moment, only the herald sun features us regularly if only for all the wrong reasons

the new media outlets have totally shafted us in particular channel 10

i have already pointed out previously how the rfc logo is the only club logo to not feature in the channel 10 opening credits on game day broadcasts

how our jumper hardly features in the "holy grail" film clip style pre game ditty... were not alone there at least as all the Victorian teams get totally shafted in favour of crows and port jumpers in particular.

i cant help but think that the channel 10 credits were done either interstate or by an interstate producer.

and tiger tv, well what an absolute freaking joke!!!

coming from a fee to air NON FREAKING PROFIT channel 31 show and turning into something you actually have to pay for but is FAR less entertaining... an absolute DISCRACE

and lets not forget being totally ignored with free to air coverage for interstate game, not just TV but also radio all year

is it any wonder supporters have lost interest when you cant even hear let alone see a bloody game. With our results I guess you don’t want to eh….