Bracksy..... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bracksy.....

nitrotiger

" lets play like the tigers of old ! "
Sep 9, 2005
Noble Park North Melbourne
More free-ways with tolls.(What happened with improving public transport?)oh...no money in htat......
Payin heaps more for water.(So start installing bores or spendin up on raintanks...they cant charge ya for that )
Cause theyre gonna build more dams....problem is ya gotta have rain to fill em....(Too easy isnt it)
And theyre banning grazing in Dargo and the surrounding mountains I believe?Youre *smile* kidding!)
More poker machines........
More fat pay packets for the fatcats.
Rural Victoria is well and truly stuffed now.Absolutely stuffed.(RIP Agruclture Victoria)
AS a matter of fact....Victoria is gonna be well and truly stuffed..........
MMMMMMMMMM.......not good.....Im gonna shift again......

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Most points I agree with nitrous.   

Plenty of people up here are putting in bores. They're costing approx $15,000 basic costs and then there's the pumps and electrical costs to go on that.  I think they're going to require a license and will possibly have to pay for the water too.  Not sure how advanced that plan is.

They're talking of charging people for water that goes in the dams on their property.  The water Bracks is charging Goulburn farmers for but sending it to central Vic falls on our property.  Maybe we should be charging him for the water.  But no we even have to pay for the stock to drink out of the creek that runs through our paddocks.

I disagree about the high country.  I used to drove cattle in the Dargo High Plains for a while and loved it up there.  I'm not that familiar with the impact of cattle there cos I was only taking them up for summer grazing but I've seen the damage cattle do to the springs that feed the streams that feed the creeks that feed the rivers that feed the dams in the Mansfield section of the high plains.  In their need for water in such a dry area cattle pug the springs all up into a muddy slosh that dries rock hard.  That small beginning of our water system is of extreme importance and needs to be protected.

As an aside I've also seen the streams all sudsy around Sheepyard Flats and it's caused by the chemicals in the artificial snow.  The ranger who told me about it wasn't happy with the situation at all.

We struggle to get doctors up in this area.  Some love the lifestyle and stay longterm but there's always a shortage because others aren't so willing.

To have a baby here now you need to travel over 100 k's.  Fat lot of use that is in an emergency.  The local hospitals, and even the bigger Seymour hospital, have no births at all now.

Bracksy does stuff all for rural Victoria.  Usually Labour and National are neck and neck for this area but the Nats won by a massive margin this time.

nitrotiger said:

We have the footy though nitrous.  I wouldn't shift for anything....actually that's a fib.  If I didn't have family here I'd be living in Tassie.  Vic is too hot for me these days.  Bloody Bracksy. ;D

Actually Bracksy is a very well spoken charismatic man and I think that helps a lot at election time.

I want the Libs gone next federal election but I don't think Beasely has the personality to boost Johnny Bonsai out, despite people's unhappiness with IR laws, nuclear issues, war etc.

The shift would be handed to Labor on a platter if they had the right person to convince the public.  I don't think they have that person at the moment.

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
nitrotiger said:
More free-ways with tolls.(What happened with improving public transport?)oh...no money in htat......
Payin heaps more for water.(So start installing bores or spendin up on raintanks...they cant charge ya for that )
Cause theyre gonna build more dams....problem is ya gotta have rain to fill em....(Too easy isnt it)
And theyre banning grazing in Dargo and the surrounding mountains I believe?Youre *smile* kidding!)
More poker machines........
More fat pay packets for the fatcats.
Rural Victoria is well and truly stuffed now.Absolutely stuffed.(RIP Agruclture Victoria)
AS a matter of fact....Victoria is gonna be well and truly stuffed..........
Settle Ted

nitrotiger

Sep 9, 2005
CptjohhnyMadcow......
25 years ago...an old sage(my father)told me the day will come when governments on a state level will start looking at water as a means to generate more revenue cos they could easily play the old....'gotta resource the stae"trick.They even began to outlaw water tanks back thennow those chickens are coming home to roost in their thousands.....not to mention the over-development vs sustainable supply of water.
The only thing thats saving the governments ass is the incredible mineral boom thanks to China booming economy and the aftermath of the commonwealth games......
Im neither Liberal or Labour....but Im telling ya for free son......Bracksy will root this state up good and proper....just like Cain,kirner and Good ol Gough in the 70,s and before you even start thinking on startin on me....put away the red flag and study hisatory son.Throught the eyes of historians.Not overrated misguided educational institutions of the day.
Then you maty get an audience with me (althoiugh I doubt it)
My solution is that Im planning on shifting to the wettest part of Australia......... :hihi

ssstone

the mongrel plumber,and the heir apparent
Aug 11, 2006
ararat
nitrotiger said:
CptjohhnyMadcow......
25 years ago...an old sage(my father)told me the day will come when governments on a state level will start looking at water as a means to generate more revenue cos they could easily play the old....'gotta resource the stae"trick.They even began to outlaw water tanks back thennow those chickens are coming home to roost in their thousands.....not to mention the over-development vs sustainable supply of water.
The only thing thats saving the governments ass is the incredible mineral boom thanks to China booming economy and the aftermath of the commonwealth games......
Im neither Liberal or Labour....but Im telling ya for free son......Bracksy will root this state up good and proper....just like Cain,kirner and Good ol Gough in the 70,s and before you even start thinking on startin on me....put away the red flag and study hisatory son.Throught the eyes of historians.Not overrated misguided educational institutions of the day.
My solution is that Im planning on shifting to the wettest part of Australia......... :hihi
:clap :clap :clap :clap yep couldnt agree more .still cant belive that the public cant see thru thiis knob.or as the wife describes him..SLIMEY LITTLE LYIN CRETIN. readin up on the french revolution at the mo.anyone want to join ??? :rofl

Liverpool

How did that Julia and Kevin thing work out? :)
Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
nitrotiger said:
CptjohhnyMadcow......

Yeah...spot on Nitro!

And add Bracksy's taskforces and commissions he seems to have for everything, with nothing solved from them (just another reason to have a big luncheon with the boys and talk garbage)......a "fast train" that cost millions, but isn't that fast, and a train-station thats been renamed for no apparent reason whatsoever.....and the less said about the police-'force', who are now so soft, they are embarassing (the G20 fiasco being the latest debacle)....as well as his support for Khalil Eideh:
http://www.helenshardey.com.au/khalil-eidie/

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
When will public transport be fixed for good?

Another 4 years of Bachelor in this job could be disastrous.........if it isn't already.

Liverpool

Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
TigerForce said:

Another 4 years of Bachelor in this job could be disastrous.........if it isn't already.

Oh stop complaining Tigerforce... :hihi...there is nothing wrong with Bracky's public transport:

The fast-train project was pledged by the Bracks Government in 1999 and, seven years later, it is almost complete.
The cost of the project ballooned from $80 million to $750 million. The addition of new trains and safety systems, plus operating costs, lifted the final cost to more than $1 billion.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/in-depth/riding-the-rails/2006/09/12/1157826941501.html?page=fullpage

And apparently you can get to Geelong 2 to 5 minutes quicker than the old V-Line trains....which I'm sure we're all excited about when the Tigers play down there in 2007! ;)

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Liverpool said:
TigerForce said:

Oh stop complaining Tigerforce... :hihi...there is nothing wrong with Bracky's public transport:

The fast-train project was pledged by the Bracks Government in 1999 and, seven years later, it is almost complete.
The cost of the project ballooned from $80 million to $750 million. The addition of new trains and safety systems, plus operating costs, lifted the final cost to more than $1 billion.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/in-depth/riding-the-rails/2006/09/12/1157826941501.html?page=fullpage

And apparently you can get to Geelong 2 to 5 minutes quicker than the old V-Line trains....which I'm sure we're all excited about when the Tigers play down there in 2007!  ;)
I thought those bloody Hitachis were supposed to be disbanded 6 years ago and yet they're still around. If you want to get a tan during summer, jump on to a Hitachi.

nitrotiger

Sep 9, 2005
rosy23 said:
Most points I agree with nitrous.   

Plenty of people up here are putting in bores. They're costing approx $15,000 basic costs and then there's the pumps and electrical costs to go on that.  I think they're going to require a license and will possibly have to pay for the water too.  Not sure how advanced that plan is.

They're talking of charging people for water that goes in the dams on their property.  The water Bracks is charging Goulburn farmers for but sending it to central Vic falls on our property.  Maybe we should be charging him for the water.  But no we even have to pay for the stock to drink out of the creek that runs through our paddocks.

I disagree about the high country.  I used to drove cattle in the Dargo High Plains for a while and loved it up there.  I'm not that familiar with the impact of cattle there cos I was only taking them up for summer grazing but I've seen the damage cattle do to the springs that feed the stream

We struggle to get doctors up in this area.  Some love the lifestyle and stay longterm but there's always a shortage because others aren't so willing.

To have a baby here now you need to travel over 100 k's.  Fat lot of use that is in an emergency.  The local hospitals, and even the bigger Seymour hospital, have no births at all now.

Bracksy does stuff all for rural Victoria.  Usually Labour and National are neck and neck for this area but the Nats won by a massive margin this time

We have the footy though nitrous.  I wouldn't shift for anything....actually that's a fib.  If I didn't have family here I'd be living in Tassie.  Vic is too hot for me these days.  Bloody Bracksy. ;D

Actually Bracksy is a very well spoken charismatic man and I think that helps a lot at election time.

I want the Libs gone next federal election but I don't think Beasely has the personality to boost Johnny Bonsai out, despite people's unhappiness with IR laws, nuclear issues, war etc.

The shift would be handed to Labor on a platter if they had the right person to convince the public.  I don't think they have that person at the moment.
I know your reply was lengthy but I thought it was worth quoting Rosy.
For so long the farmers have been taken for granted.yes,there are some bloody redneck shockers who couldnt manage an orgy in a brothel,let alone run a farm.......
I remember in the 70,s arguin the toss about why farmers were choosing to export live cattle rather than have em slaughtered here(in reference to the Middle-East)
Bloody white shirt-bluetie-smartalec city slickers were claimin that the farmers were losing jobs at the meatworks.......
Now roll on to today.......the same blue-tie-city-slickers are belly-achin about the price of beef......
Ya hear about the supermarkets sellin mutton,beef and what-not at a high price.....and the farmers are gettin bugger-all.......regardless of whether there,s a drought on,or floods,or pestilence.
The biggest bloody fib told to Victorians down here was the devastation of Innisfail and surrounding areas decimated the countries banana crops.*smile*!
Anyone that knows anything knows that a big heap of bananas are grown up in the Coffs Harbour area of NE NSWand Southern QLD as well as Bundaberg,Hervey Bay,etc.......
And thats the type of crap thats been fed over the years.
Thats the sore point....here the Governments are willing to chuck thousands to help make babies and yet are remiss to look after the very bread and butter producers........with sevices and facil the cities enjoy.......
And in regards to Bracksy and water....the answer is....yes....subsidising watertanks,but take it a step further......look underground as well as educating people that one shower a day is enough and that dishwashing machines and clotheswashing machines are bloody terrible with water as well.......take the car to a carwash and water lawns at night!
It aint rocket science...it plain good old fashioned common sense......... :-[

Liverpool

Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
TigerForce said:
Liverpool said:
TigerForce said:

And apparently you can get to Geelong 2 to 5 minutes quicker than the old V-Line trains....which I'm sure we're all excited about when the Tigers play down there in 2007! ;)
I thought those bloody Hitachis were supposed to be disbanded 6 years ago and yet they're still around. If you want to get a tan during summer, jump on to a Hitachi.

They're the old silver-ovens, yeah?
Bloody shocking, no air-con...and half the windows don't open...crowded...smelly...and add a few nutcases (how many nutters are out there who talk to themselves, who catch Met trains? :-X).....and you have a lovely January cruise down the tracks home! :hihi

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Liverpool said:
TigerForce said:
Liverpool said:
TigerForce said:

And apparently you can get to Geelong 2 to 5 minutes quicker than the old V-Line trains....which I'm sure we're all excited about when the Tigers play down there in 2007!  ;)
I thought those bloody Hitachis were supposed to be disbanded 6 years ago and yet they're still around.  If you want to get a tan during summer, jump on to a Hitachi.

They're the old silver-ovens, yeah?
Bloody shocking, no air-con...and half the windows don't open...crowded...smelly...and add a few nutcases (how many nutters are out there who talk to themselves, who catch Met trains? :-X).....and you have a lovely January cruise down the tracks home!  :hihi
Only used during hot summer days to cover the continuous breakdown of those modern, hi-tech, ever reliable new trains we have ::) ::)

Don't forget those tight seats near the windows. :hihi

johnson2richo2003

Dec 19, 2002
nitrotiger said:
CptjohhnyMadcow......
Ted tell us about the 133 mil blowout of your expenditure.Where would you get this money from?oddly enough water would be one of the first of the hit list under your government.Or you could fall back to govt owned utilities.oops sorry i forgot we got Jeffed with that one.Maybe you could put your own money in after sales of more schools.
I.ll tell ya one thing Ted.Im excitedddddddddddddd ;D ;D ;D

Anduril

You bow to no one!
Jul 29, 2004
Melbourne
As I understand it the funding of the training of doctors is a federal govt thing, not the states, who have been trying to get Howard (and the College of Surgeons) to fund more places at Unis for doctors with a little success.
As to doctors in the bush I sympathise but under Howard's free market economy and the mantra of individual choice if they don't want to work in the country how does one make them? Perhaps they should pay smaller Uni fees and be bonded for a certain time as teachers were once.

As to all this anti Bracks stuff, what's done is done.
Shouldn't we be concerned about Cole's findings which tells us that, at the very least, we have Minsters who are incompetent and are oblivious to the fact that in trumpeting their innocence in the criminality of the Wheat scandal are admitting to their incompetence.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
nitrotiger said:
CptjohhnyMadcow......
Ted tell us about the 133 mil blowout of your expenditure.Where would you get this money from?oddly enough water would be one of the first of the hit list under your government.Or you could fall back to govt owned utilities.oops sorry i forgot we got Jeffed with that one.Maybe you could put your own money in after sales of more schools.

They over costed it skip, included an item twice.

johnson2richo2003

Dec 19, 2002
jb03 said:
CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
nitrotiger said:
CptjohhnyMadcow......

They over costed it skip, included an item twice.
You sure about that JB?

brigadiertiger

Tiger Champion
Dec 1, 2005
Haven't read the whole thread but the biggest problem is no matter who is in they lie don't fulfill thier promises made at election time.

Bracks with road tolls yet let's remember that it was Kennett that started that first.

Whilst grazing in the high country creates some problems around springs it does keep the flammable grasses down. So in this time of drought it is even more likely to suffer a serious bushfire. Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

nitrotiger

Sep 9, 2005
And how is he gonna do that?

Chuck the ice outta his scotch on the rocks into Lake Jindabyne to help cool things here in Vic?

He MUSt think he can walk on water then! :hihi