Brandon Ellis | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brandon Ellis

Problem with Ellis has always been his worse traits just cost us - fumbles under pressure; panic disposals or half hearted attacks on the ball.

Balta or Naish can have his wing. Bye.

Brandon, woah, struggled in some of the important plays in linking up.
Went safe mode and went sideways.
We were yelling at home... Oh NO its Cpt Kamakazi ! ..... turn over, sideways.... lost momentum. :(

Back to his bad old ways. I feel about Brandon the way Lamby feels about Houli.

Well maybe not that bad.

Thing is, when he commits to the hard ball he's good, he just doesn't do it enough. His kicking has always been horrible.

craig said:
Never seen a bloke look so busy and get so much of the ball and do so little with it.

the ball finds him..
how about that dropped mark?
ellis drops it...
Sloane marks it...

Do you reckon his Tatts were going to be full sleeves but he pulled out?

The contest in the goal square where he let the ball get behind was a very basic error for an experienced footballer to make. The bad is not because of lack of skill or fitness, it's concentration and focus. He just never seems to be able to totally eliminate the brain fades.

Batchelor Party said:
The contest in the goal square where he let the ball get behind was a very basic error for an experienced footballer to make. The bad is not because of lack of skill or fitness, it's concentration and focus. He just never seems to be able to totally eliminate the brain fades.

Just get to the point, he is *smile*

I think it might be time at season's end for RFC and Ellis to part company.
Doesn't bring what the team needs and he is becoming a liability when under pressure.

Unusual to miss just the 1 week with a groin injury, wondering whether there might be a bit of truth to the Mildura rumour.

Unfortunately was back to his sideways, backwards, momentum killing worst last night. Didn't appear to want the responsibility, which is a shame

bairdy380 said:
Unfortunately was back to his sideways, backwards, momentum killing worst last night. Didn't appear to want the responsibility, which is a shame

Agree, unfortunately.
Just refuses to be bold when the moment calls for it.
Sideways simply transfers the heat and the challenge to your teammates.
The opposite of bold.