Brandon Ellis | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brandon Ellis

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
tha8ball said:
I’m deadly serious. Short on a wing could do some damage.

Yep time to try something else. That dropped mark in the backline was just so Ellis. He often fails at key moments.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Ellis should watch Brad Sheppard play. Intercept Marks, kicks well, doesn’t mind the contest etc.
Very similar in athleticism and roles but very different in output.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Tigers2011 said:
The most valuable asset for any elite sports man or woman is consistent high level performance. The problem with Ellis is exactly that - far too much variation between his best and worse. If we as a club aspire to greatness within the 3-4 years left for this group, he can't be part of it.

Well said. I like plenty of what Brando has done over his 164 games for us & he'll forever he a Premiership Tiger.. However for all the good he brings, there are weaknesses in his game that won't ever be ironed out.
He's at the point where others younger are knocking on the door for an opportunity & he's a free agent. If he gets a good deal elsewhere I can't see us standing in his way.

Brimmy

Tassie Tiger
Apr 19, 2018
Actually,Bobble to Norf, 2nd Round draft Pick to Richmond,Cunnington to Richmond,2nd round draft Pick,received for Bobble via Free Agency to Norf.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Weak efforts all afternoon
Missed tackle that turned into a goal for Long
Just too many gutless efforts
Bring back baker

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Can't remember the exact details but the Saints kicked deep into their forward fifty and Ashbury (l think it was him) was one out with his opponent scraping for the ball. Ellis comes in with his opponent and then stops 3m from the contest and lets his man run towards the goal square alone. Surprise surprise the Saints player fighting for possession with Astbury knocks the ball to the, now, unmarked team mate who kicks the easiest of goals.

Surely he keeps shoulder to shoulder or at least he gets goal side. Thought it was poor play from Ellis

Reactions: 2 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
he's a headless chicken who grows a head sometimes ... but he's still a chicken .. thought his goal was nice ..

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Can't remember the exact details but the Saints kicked deep into their forward fifty and Ashbury (l think it was him) was one out with his opponent scraping for the ball. Ellis comes in with his opponent and then stops 3m from the contest and lets his man run towards the goal square alone. Surprise surprise the Saints player fighting for possession with Astbury knocks the ball to the, now, unmarked team mate who kicks the easiest of goals.

Surely he keeps shoulder to shoulder or at least he gets goal side. Thought it was poor play from Ellis

I commented on this very contest my brain almost exploded.

He should've hit that contest to either assist Dave win it or kill it and cause a stop in play.

He did neither he shirked it and handed the Saints a goal.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
I commented on this very contest my brain almost exploded.

He should've hit that contest to either assist Dave win it or kill it and cause a stop in play.

He did neither he shirked it and handed the Saints a goal.

It's amazing Craig. That stoodout as the worst defensive play of the day to me as well. I couldn't understand how Dave could be turned around and then Bruce still find a spare player so easily. On replay, I noticed what you and Tigerport did. Either support Dave and kill the contest or make sure the get out player is covered. Did neither and just jogged around when he could have impacted defensively.

agincourt

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 4, 2004
It's amazing Craig. That stoodout as the worst defensive play of the day to me as well. I couldn't understand how Dave could be turned around and then Bruce still find a spare player so easily. On replay, I noticed what you and Tigerport did. Either support Dave and kill the contest or make sure the get out player is covered. Did neither and just jogged around when he could have impacted defensively.
He was ball watching.....like he does regularly.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
How many times lately has he flown for the ball to get one hand one it and then out of the contest to watch his opponent trot of with the ball. He's gotta stop flying for impossible marks. He's no good at it, stay on the ground and clean up the crumbs. Very frustrating to watch is Ellis. Can't we just have Balta running up and down the wing?

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Another top four quarter effort by Brando. Integral part of tigers march towards 2019 finals.