Brayden Monk Western Jets | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brayden Monk Western Jets

norts

Tiger Cub
Jun 15, 2004
I have been to quite a few Jets games this year as they play locally.
This young player seems to have a fantastic "tank' (football speak) and is Archer like courageous. He has fantastic skills both sides of his body and looks like a perfect addition to our list.
From the TAC site I notice hes been in the best most weeks but no hype to go with him.
Should be a lock for a rookie spot at the very least.

Haha, no relation I can assure you.
Played well Saturday against Drgons and in best again.

See he finished equal 3rd in the Morrish Medal count the other night. Not a bad effort?

norts said:
See he finished equal 3rd in the Morrish Medal count the other night. Not a bad effort?

Hopefully the Tiger recruiters are paying attention too mate.

Won the Barry Round Medal for best player at the Jets this season ahead of others who have been highly rated in discussions.

was it because the others went to the national carnival hence didn't play the whole season with the jets?

Norts,

Super kid, and his feats this year confirm he is a genuine talent.

I think the knock on Brayden will be his age (I think he might be 19) and his size (both height & weight).

His frame doesn't fill me with confidence, that is, I'm not sure he can transition his body size/shape into that of an AFL footballer.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he wouldn't be any taller than 180cm and 70kg........tough proposition for any recruiting manager, late Rookie at best I would have thought!

Great assessment lisamaree,

He did look light when I stood near him in the huddle one time, but my word, he tackles hard, reads the play well and importantly, can get the pill and use it well.

Agree with rookie spot maybe.