Brendon Gale | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brendon Gale

See Peggy was at the game on Saturday, siiting with Benny and Neil Balme in the cheap seats (section 226 second tier) no sitting behind glass for these premiership heroes.

Reactions: 3 users
Dan hasn't gone down the financial path at all so be amazed if his name is linked with any CEO roles Moley.

He's essentially Shane McCurry's equivalent at the Crows - Very much in the leadership development, mental well-being and high performance in the football program space.

If he comes back it would be if Shane left I'd say. Possibly Tim Livingstone's role at a pinch as a promotion on what he does now.
Yes, that’s true, but he has a degree in management and marketing and a masters in performance psychology. He has an exceptional academic record and I believe he could turn his hand at whatever he wanted to. He scored something like 98.5 on his ATAR. He also knows how footy clubs work better than most.

See Peggy was at the game on Saturday, siiting with Benny and Neil Balme in the cheap seats (section 226 second tier) no sitting behind glass for these premiership heroes.
I was at the Broadbeach Tavern on Friday night where Peggy and Balmey were also having dinner. Obviously still close friends.

I wonder if Cain Liddle would be considered?

I know his time at the Blues wasn’t great but he was highly regarded at our club.
He actually did a really good job in an environment where protecting favourite sons was the priority. I reckon he knew jettisoning SOS was going to cost him his job but it was the best thing for the club.
Was very highly thought of at RFC.
Other candidates;
- Ian Robson ex Hawks, Bombers, Melb Victory
- Simon Matthews current COO (I believe he is the succession plan the club/AFL have in place)
- Dave Matthews CEO of Giants
There will be heaps of guys polishing up their resumes

Reactions: 1 users
This will be bigger loss then Cotchin and Jack how important he was and is to us.

Team has been gutted , on the field, off the field, coaches, players, admin alike

We have been crap for 3 years now, tigers have a history of spending a long long time in the wilderness, Benny leaving makes this more likely.

One thing about Benny, he should have read the tea leaves on Dimma, He had two gun AFL coaches in the building and let them both walk, just before Dimma did.

At least we have the memories
That's my question I hope it doesn't take us another 30 plus years to get back to the top again like previously club needs to make tuff calls and be ruthless.

Has he said he feels burnt out and needs some time off yet?

Reactions: 1 user
She's a chancellor at RMIT.

A well paid gig sure - but doubt she's selling a $6.5m house in brighton like Benny just did.

RFC CEO would be a better paid gig for sure.

As for leading (ceo) at a football club (at 71).

No Tassie bias at all but Benny is the best there is.

Aah, Chancellor is an honorary position as far as I know (they are a figure head), it is the Vice-Chancellor who runs the show and they get paid about $1million which is ridiculous but there you are (just as a comparison, the VC at Harvard gets paid about half of what a VC at an Australian uni gets).

Sounds like Peggy would not want to take on such a role, she must be looking to retire surely.

Benny will be sorely missed if he goes but it will be good for the Tassie team and they need to be successful to save Australian Rules in Tasmania.

DS

Dan hasn't gone down the financial path at all so be amazed if his name is linked with any CEO roles Moley.

He's essentially Shane McCurry's equivalent at the Crows - Very much in the leadership development, mental well-being and high performance in the football program space.

If he comes back it would be if Shane left I'd say. Possibly Tim Livingstone's role at a pinch as a promotion on what he does now.
Benny was head of players assoc with a rich legal background, a good example that if you’re made of right stuff you’ll make it , dans made of the right stuff

So many great achievements. Most famously delivered on his blueprint for success. Can't really ask for more than that.

Probably had his eye on what's next since missing out on the AFL job so this move doesn't come as a surprise.

Only real blemish for mine is our club remaining in gaming. I understand the financials of it & why (redevelopment etc.) but that doesn't make it sit any easier with me when the majority of other clubs have managed to get out of it.

Reactions: 5 users