BRING ON WEST COAST!!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

BRING ON WEST COAST!!!

Khan said:
I'd like to see channel seven back but I somehow doubt it

Anything is possible Khan. Besides I don't think the current group of 9, 10 & Fox are the happy family that they pretend to be. Channel 10 has said all along that the only reason they are in the consortium is because of the finals - no finals they are out of there. Channel 9's King Kerry - cannot believe he is paying all this money and doesn't have the finals and has made it clear that the next time 9 has gotta have the finals (the fact that the wouldn't be able to show 'em because of the NRL is irrelevant to Big kerry). So the next lot of TV rights could be very interesting to say the least.

On TV coverage I think everyone has learnt something out of the current situation.

Most importantly I think the AFL has learnt:

a. that it should read the fine print and not assume just becuase someone has paid for the rights to show something doesnt mean they will, and

b. that the cost of not being shown is greater than the cost of taking the second highest bidder.

Secondly I hope Channel 7 has learnt that while it had a relationship with the AFL it take take it for granted and may have to learn to share with others (like Channel 10 or FOXTEL).