My special night | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

My special night

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
A couple of days ago I got an e-mail asking me if I'd be interested in a ticket into the inner sanctum at the game tonight.

Well I didn't want to appear rude, so I forced myself to accept, ha......Yeah right, as if it took any thought at all.

I was invited into the rooms pre game as the players prepared, warmed up, got revved up etc.

That was amazing. Players changing, the usual stretches and a bit of kick to kick, and the guys doing their own individual thing until they went out for the warm up on the ground.
When they came back in and did the drills, tackling and bumping practice the air was electric.
The intensity gradually grew till it was almost fever pitch, like they were whipped into a frenzy.
The support and pumping up by the time they ran out was goosebump material.

Because I was in the room I didn't see the guys run out, but I am a tad surprised by comments on another thread.
I've never seen a more pumped up committed looking group of players as they left the rooms to go on the ground.

After I left the rooms I went and sat with the Richmond officials and injured players.

Isn't it every girls dream to watch footy with Dunc and Otto and Campbo etc? (I had to be a bit restrained I have to admit....I mean with my barracking, not with the players, ha)

All in all a pretty special experience to see things from the other side of the fence.

I appreciate the chance to experience this so much. Thank you for your kindness Koalalil, you are an asset to this message board and to the RFC as well. :)

Wow! How good is that! Hahaha! Hey rosy, were you in the rooms after the game when they were singing the clubsong? The tiger's replay is on right now on Fox Footy, i'll see if i can spot you. ;D

I was the one in the yellow and black jumper John. ;D

Speaking of being on telly Georgey babes (gsta) played a pretty good cameo role on the screen tonight.
One week the cheer squad, next week House Of Bulger George. We'll be queuing up for autographs soon. ;)

Way to go rosy :). Were you able to take your eyes of dunc to watch the game ;D.

rosy3 said:
Because I was in the room I didn't see the guys run out, but I am a tad surprised by comments on another thread.
I've never seen a more pumped up committed looking group of players as they left the rooms to go on the ground.

I don't know if you can always judge how a side will perform based on what is said or done in the changerooms just before they're ready to run out. Not being so visibly pumped doesn't necessarily mean the players aren't ready to go. It can mean the guys are in the zone and are focused on what they have to do. Alternatively, I've seen plenty of time a team run out all pumped and then go missing after only 5 minutes on the ground. Remember that happening many a time at Richmond during the mid-late 80's :-\.

IMO many of our guys were not switched on 100% mentally. Exceptions were Chaffey, Richo and Rogers.

rosy3 said:
Thank you for your kindness Koalalil, you are an asset to this message board and to the RFC as well. :)

Kindness, asset (some would beg to differ) ??? Who was this imposter - I'll kill 'em ;D ;D

Your most welcome Rosy

mightytiges said:
Were you able to take your eyes of dunc to watch the game ;D.

MT,

Rosy was a true professional ;D. She did PRE proud. But she is right on one thing - the barracking side of things is bloody hard when you have players parents, wives, girlfriends and players around you.

Oh and a bit of other gossip - I'll be interested to see how one Carlton player performs today. Gee B. Fervola loves chips :D

Good on ya rosy, and half your luck.
Congratulations to you and mightytiges for a great site.

CARN THE TIGES!!!!

Thanks tigerman, happy to see you back. :)
Exciting times for Tiger supporters aren't they? :D

Must have been a great experience Rosy. If you'd gone that step further by being invited into the coaches box I think your barracking would have probably fitted right in!
Mind you, you would have needed some ear plugs, A stack hat and a raincoat due to the way Danny's going off in the box at the moment.
Bottles of water flying everywhere! ;D He's certainly into throwing they toys out of the toybox at the moment!
I'll put it down to passion! ;D

rosy3 said:
Thanks tigerman, happy to see you back. :)
Exciting times for Tiger supporters aren't they? :D

They sure are rosy.

I've just had a great month. I was back in Victoria on holidays for a month just recently and was able to see the MIGHTY TIGES play 3 games while i was there. And guess what we won every game. I saw us play the saints, the hawks and the bombers. I especially enjoyed the wins against the hawks and the bombers. I went back to punt road after the games, a great night was had by all.

It's great to see the guys having a red hot go isn't it. It's early days yet, but i think, if the TIGES AREN'T BACK IN TOWN, they're on the ouskirts.

CARN THE TIGES!!!!

Well done Rosy. Lucky you, I am jealous! Much rather be in the rooms before a game then on the telly in the cheersquad... althoug I must admit, it's quite funny getting calls from people on Saturday night saying 'hey i just saw you on the telly'!

Aren't the Tiges obliging? Tigerman and Gus both visit and see 3 out of 3 wins.

Hope the tradition continues when out other interstate fans get down for a game.

P.S. Tiga, Danny was funny with the drink bottle. Serious man. ;D
Great to how important it is to him.
Everything so far this year sugggests a club on a mission.
Go Tiges.

Rosy,

did you hear the coach actually address the players? If so, can you tell us something about what he said? I'd also be interested to hear your observations on which players were particularly vocal pre-game, and some details on what they said (if possible).

Cheers!

No didn't hear the player address TB. I'd actually think it wouldn't be in the best interests of the team to let strangers in at a time when the group needs to be 100% focused.

As it was we were asked to turn mobile phones off, and when they came in from the warm up out on the ground and did their final preparation inside people had been warned not to speak at all or they'd be removed from the rooms. The guests in the room are very close to the players, so it's important not to distract them.

I think as a guest it's probably not that appropriate to comment on the individual players. Richo, Gas, AK, Staff all had a bit to say calling out things like hard ball gets, and reminding players to do what Danny wants, it's how we've got to where we are etc.

By the end of the warm up every player there was vocal, calling out and pumping each other up.

The intensity from the whole group was awesome.

Tell us Rosy, did you see Richo taking any angry pills b4 the game? 4 frees in one night, and boy, he used the "F" word like it was about to go out of fashion. You gotta love him tho.
Onya Rosy, it must have been exciting.

Richos_gal said:
Tell us Rosy, did you see Richo taking any angry pills b4 the game?

I did see something of Richo that would make you and Julz green with envy Richogal, but my lips are sealed. :-X

Once again thank you Koalalil asking me along.....this thread should have been titled "OUR special night" really.

Richos_gal said:
4 frees in one night
Actually it was 5 ;D

rosy3 said:
I did see something of Richo that would make you and Julz green with envy Richogal, but my lips are sealed. :-X
You shouldn't do that Rosy it causes those with good (not to mention perverted) imaginations to go into overdrive :rollin

rosy3 said:
[I did see something of Richo that would make you and Julz green with envy Richogal, but my lips are sealed. :-X

Come on Rosy - don't keep us in suspense. I can handle the fact if he has a girlfriend - all I wanted was it confirmed. After all, I'm an old married bag myself 8)

rosy3 said:
Aren't the Tiges obliging? Tigerman and Gus both visit and see 3 out of 3 wins.

Hope the tradition continues when out other interstate fans get down for a game.

Sounds promising. Might have to hold hubby to that promise of letting me fly down to Melb if we get in the Grand Final. Wouldn't want to jinx the boys though.