Brownlow 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brownlow 2023

The Brownlow shermozzle is one more argument against four umpires.

Diminished responsibility and accountability.

Diluted talent pool.

Turned it off after round 1 of the count, soon as Gill started his N.................Daicos. The pause *smile* me for the faves then rushes through the rest so fast you barely know who got votes.

Its become such an irrelevant award

Reactions: 2 users
Great horny toads!!!
What odds would you have got on Cracker Horn Francis getting the 3 votes in the round 14 game against the Scats, he had 13 disposals, 7 clangers and gave away 4 free kicks, please !!!!

• Haha
Maynard was quoted as saying that although they had trained for these last minute game moments throughout the season and felt well prepared, their simulations never included an umpire awarding any free kicks against them for any reason.
Collingwobbles lock the game by one player grabbing the ball, fall to the ground and 4 teams mates jump on top of him.
Did this against GWS in the dying minutes

Great horny toads!!!
What odds would you have got on Cracker Horn Francis getting the 3 votes in the round 14 game against the Scats, he had 13 disposals, 7 clangers and gave away 4 free kicks, please !!!!
Round 6, L.Neale 3 votes, sometimes you have to wonder.

Reactions: 1 user
Collingwobbles lock the game by one player grabbing the ball, fall to the ground and 4 teams mates jump on top of him.
Did this against GWS in the dying minutes
Isn't that still diving on the ball which should be HTB? Then again, we do have dumb flogs umpiring the game....

What a shi*tshow this award is.

Funnily Brisbane only has 1 mid.
So no one to take votes off him as in big chunks of votes.
eg. Butters/Rozee, Trac/Viney.

Some have mentioned it should be taken off The Dumpires.
Agree. Coaches Votes.

The only way we win these awards is if we finish second (and Winner forfeits).
Or someone plays "out of their skin" for a year of total dominance.
Only way we can win.

I was hoping for a 5 way tie to totally devalue it.
Thankfully I only watched the last 4 rounds of it.
What a shi*tshow.

Reactions: 1 user
The Brownlow shermozzle is one more argument against four umpires.

Diminished responsibility and accountability.

Diluted talent pool.

How did none of the 4 umpires not question Neale's 3 votes in the match where he only got 7 possessions? Its mindboggling.

There are so many umpires needed. It’s pretty easy to get a gig. You can be a complete dufous these days.

How did none of the 4 umpires not question Neale's 3 votes in the match where he only got 7 possessions? Its mindboggling.
Charlie Cameron - 15 disposals, 7 goals
Lachie Neale - 20 disposals, 0 goals

No wonder it's called the midfielders medal, no other players get a look in, you need to kick 10 goals as a forward these days, backmen may as well go on holidays.

Reactions: 5 users
Surely he didn't?

I did see he got 3 votes against the PIes when he had a lot of turnovers and was about 20th in score involvements.

Umpires have their favourites, it's human nature.

And Neale would attend more centre square ball ups than almost anyone so he is always under their eye. And he gets first possession a lot.