BRUCE MONTEATH'S SON | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

BRUCE MONTEATH'S SON

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
Roachy's son isn't very tall - 183cm I think. Getting him is getting another midsized flanker. Why can't he be another Disco :'(

Raines boys are always mentioned but have never heard what posi they play or height/weight etc.. If they moved like Geoff it would be a plus.

Bruce is a big man. I met him a few years ago and he is a solid unit - was talking with Michael Green and was only a bit shorter than him. Prob 190cm. If his boy is of similar statue he would be worthy of a look.

I think the F/S rules for interstate players are if they played more 100 games with a WAFL club as Bruce did, they are eligible to be picked up Freo or WC. Is this correct anybody??? If it is, we would fighting against them.

We can't get McGhie second boy as he only played 88 games for the tiges.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
This is an article from the West Australian newspaper on Kym Monteath.

Father a role model for young gun
27 May 2003
By David Marsh

OUTSTANDING young East Fremantle footballer Kym Monteath has his eyes on an AFL career - not with one of the WA-based teams - but with Richmond.

The 16-year-old All Saints College Year 11 student is determined to follow in his father's footsteps.

Bruce Monteath played 125 games with Richmond, including captaining the side to the 1980 premiership, 118 games with South Fremantle, 28 with Claremont, and represented WA 11 times.

"I hope to play with East Fremantle in the WAFL and then join Richmond under the father-son rule," Kym said.

Kym Monteath was one of the stars in the East Fremantle combined team which won the WA 16 years football championship.

He kicked 26 goals from a half-forward flank.

"It felt great to kick so many goals," he said. "But I had many good teammates to get the ball to me.

"It is very satisfying being a member of a great team."

Required to play six games in a fortnight, the team, coached by Monteath sen., was unbeaten.

Following the championships, six East Fremantle players - Monteath, rover Alex Ciotti, ruck-rover Andrew Swallow, ruckman Mitchell Clark, half-back Tyrone Miller and centreman Leigh Conway - made the 35-player State 16s squad.

Between 1996 and 2000, 11 players graduated from the East Fremantle junior district to the AFL.

mightytiges

Dec 16, 2002
He's only 16 so he'll be in the 2004 draft at the earliest whereas I think Roach and Raines' sons are in this year's draft.

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Can't wait to see him in the 3/4 time huddle after a series of clangers:

Danny Frawley: "Kymmy, look at moyeee, Kymmy, Kymmy, look at moyeee, look at moyeeee.. ;D

mightytiges

Dec 16, 2002
Dean3 said:
Can't wait to see him in the 3/4 time huddle after a series of clangers:

Danny Frawley: "Kymmy, look at moyeee, Kymmy, Kymmy, look at moyeee, look at moyeeee.. ;D

:rollin