Bye Bye Jack Higgins! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bye Bye Jack Higgins!

Berwick boy

Tiger Superstar
Apr 27, 2004
Fantastic kid who will hopefully play a lot of games for the RFC...but needs to be cut some slack and put in cotton wool for this year Tigers please. Not up to it at the moment but not his fault.

Reactions: 3 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
feel for Higgins .. can see them playing him for confidence... and he's having a go

Reactions: 1 user

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Love Higgins. But he is not in our best 22. Just lack the polish and his lack of leg speed hurts him in that high half forward spot. I am quite surprised he is not getting any midfield time. That’s where he plays his best football.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
he really needed to kick that 2nd goal.

on that, is it just me, or are all our small forwards barely making the distance on snaps from within 30m?

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I’ll back him, far from the worst, dragged his opponent well up the wings many times creating a bit more space behind him, in saying that will probably go out for lambert

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
What was wrong with his forehead? Just a really bad acne breakout?

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Love Higgins. But he is not in our best 22. Just lack the polish and his lack of leg speed hurts him in that high half forward spot. I am quite surprised he is not getting any midfield time. That’s where he plays his best football.

Agree with the midfield comment. I've long thought that's his best position and was surprised he didn't get more of a go there tonight. Aarts seemed to be in there quite a bit.

Reactions: 1 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003

best 22 is not concrete. Never has been never will be. best 16 or 18 might be, then its down to form and fitness. Jack Graham is a lock right now, a month ago he was fringe at best, Kamdyn? and so it goes. I will say one thing, Higgy nailed a set shot tonight, huge step forward.

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Played a better second half after terrible first half. Still doesn’t look fit to me which is understandable after what he’s been through. Still time & big pre season needed. Scored one good goal but needs to finish better. I’d take a fit, year 1 Higgins over Rioli.

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
Should be curtains for the season for mine. Yes he kicked a nice goal in the last, but gee he struggled mightily outside of that. Looks very slow in both body and mind unfortunately. Needs a big preseason.

Reactions: 2 users

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Been a huge effort just to play again this year. That in itself is a major accomplishment & he should be proud.

Needs another preseason to build some fitness & judge from there.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Am biased.

Was that a flash of something in the last 10 min?

From pork jerky to pork chops? Maybe?