Bye Bye Jack Higgins! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bye Bye Jack Higgins!

Any updates on why he is not close to senior selection? Not even making it to the list of emergencies...

Any updates on why he is not close to senior selection? Not even making it to the list of emergencies...

Its puzzling me. His work rate was there?

Finishing not good enough? But then you look at george?

Must be doing something wrong.

perhaps they need to carefully manage his worlkoad with everything he has been through

Reactions: 1 users
It's just great to have him healthy enough to be back playing again.
Needs to work on his set shot goal kicking.

Reactions: 2 users
I like him as a traditional forward pocket, but he seemed to be playing playing the 50 arc both going forward and defending. It’s a real no mans land for him.
Not fast enough to chase out, and if he receives the ball anywhere further than 35/40 out his kicking lacks any real penetration. I think without help in that half forward area from the 2 way run of Sheds and Dion, he’s a bit of a stranded asset.

I tend to see he and Castagna as vying for one spot in the team - or at least that we can’t play both In the same team
They are almost opposites in what they offer and each has fundamental limitations
George would love Huggo’s footy smarts and skills
Higgo could sure do with George’s run and speed
With George playing very ordinary footy of late but still holding his spot - It makes it pretty hard to slot in Higgins as well

Reactions: 1 user
Watching Higgo this year has been frustrating, that exuberance is missing out of his game, the kid has been through more than most of us I understand that, I just would love to see the old Higgo back. Let's hope it's tonight against the Dockers.

Reactions: 2 users
He can find the footy and stays in games that is no issue , he just needs to make better decisions at times kicking wise etc and simplify his game.

Maybe he needs to sit it out until next year. Understandable what he's been through but unfortunately he's nowhere near it.

Might just need a really good break and then get going again when pre season training starts.

Pack him away for the year... lost his 2 second decision making skill which was his edge to overcome the skill shortage... give him time to get right

Sometimes seems to be the victim of a misplaced pass or bad bounce
One day his luck will change