Bye Bye Jack Higgins! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bye Bye Jack Higgins!

We've often joked about that happening over the years players wanting to go to the team they supported as a kid after a couple of years. Rarely happens though!
Might end up being a case of................ Be careful what you wish for..!

Reactions: 1 user
We've often joked about that happening over the years players wanting to go to the team they supported as a kid after a couple of years. Rarely happens though!
How many on here have said let's get Green from GWS he is a Richmond Supporter and his grandfather played for them, would be very unprofessional if he demanded to come to us;)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Think he was a Saints supporter as a kid
Lochie O'Brien was a Collingwood supporter as a kid. #10 pick in Higgins' draft and managed ONE measly game for a non-finalist this year.

Collingwood sniffed around for a Stephenson replacement and Carlton said GTFO. We should have, too.

It all seems a bit mysterious. Almost hope Higgins says something impertinent about the club in an interview - would crystallise my opinion!

Alex Witherden well over 6 foot, Pick 23, 59 games in 4 years , 2 years left on Contract and a size & type that we lack, gets BL 2 * 3rd rounders & they give a 5th back

Higgo , well under 6 foot, a type we have plenty of & are relatively cheap draft wise, 1 year on contract, 40 odd games in 3 years , lands a 4 pick upgrade & a 2nd rounder in what is supposedly a decent draft

FMD, I know what player I would want of the 2

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Couple that with my theory that he is a tricky personality to fit into a club environment and the decision is pretty easy.
For Higgins or for us? The tone of reporting suggested Richmond was never happy with proceedings.

At risk of re-opening an old wound... could this influence Rance to come out of retirement?

• Wow
Yeah the Witherden deal is baffling. Can’t believe someone didn’t offer a better deal.
WCE got an absolute steal. Was amazed there wasn't more interest in Witherden. An elite kick too. Hurn replacement for Weagles.

But we think we have the HBFs well stocked after letting Markov walk and cutting Turner. Maybe we do. We'll find out if we get injuries in 2021, like to Bachar again.

I don't know anything more than anyone else for certain, but I do know how dressing rooms and sporting organisations work and in my experience there is an expiration date on how long a personality like Higgins fits in.

I'm not saying we wanted to get rid of him or wouldn't have liked to keep him, but I think it would have been a factor in why we were prepared to let him go.
Saying something without saying ‘nothing’ BR. (Wink)