Caesar's Big Barra Adventure | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Caesar's Big Barra Adventure

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Training Today Saturday :

***PS. I fear what this thread will turn into in the 2 weeks that I am gone.
I hold more fear for the poor barramundi that will be seduced by the attraction of your brand new lure.
Happy fishing

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Tigerimij

Tiger Cub
Dec 17, 2018
This is pretty much the Richmond Training schedule:

Monday 10am till about 12pm, (solid session not main).
Thursday 10am till about 12pm, (main session)
Saturday is less certain but currently about 8:30am till 10am. (lighter session usually).

I expect an intra-club will be on the cards soon.
Thanks Ceasar look forward to your return,enjoy your break

Reactions: 1 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
I miss Caesar already.
Hope a barramundi doesn’t mistake him for bait and drags him under

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Day one no Barra for me but my mate and guide caught 2 so we still feasted on Barra.
Things start to get serious on Monday when we check into our lodgings near the Daly River for 4 straight days of fishing hopefully better news to come.

Reactions: 13 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Day one no Barra for me but my mate and guide caught 2 so we still feasted on Barra.
Things start to get serious on Monday when we check into our lodgings near the Daly River for 4 straight days of fishing hopefully better news to come.

did you see Ol' Silver swimming around out there?

How'd he look?

I reckon he's got another 2-3 wets in him, at least.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Hi @fastin bulbous came back from a sensational 4 days
down on the Daly River and had no rain when it mattered.
1st day was a half day and using your Jackall I hooked my first and biggest Barra of the trip which was a nice fat 85cm, caught 2 more in quick succession before soft plastics became the rage.
My mate is the fisherman and can cast it on a dime so was like shelling peas for him.
Day 1 20 fish between us Wayne 14 me 6.
Day 2 40 between us Wayne 30 me 10.
Day 3 50 between us Wayne 40 me 10.
First couple of days we pretty much had the river to ourselves maybe 3 to 8 boats and pretty much sat on the Elizabeth Creek mouth.
By day 4 word had got around what we were catching so a staggering 21 boats launched that day. Like you my mate hates crowds and we abandoned our favourite spot as 5 boats were sitting on it.
As a result only 2 fish caught last half day.
Mate said it was about the best fishing he has had in 11 years being in Darwin.
We also lost half as many as we caught.
Nearly all fish of size generally above 60cm.
Our timing could not have been better .
Cheers

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Wow, were you laughing like a crazy man as you reeled them in? That mania comes over me when things get so good. Glad you had a good trip and I hope you are snacking on crumbed Barra chunks as you report on the scratchy @caesar

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Wow, were you laughing like a crazy man as you reeled them in? That mania comes over me when things get so good. Glad you had a good trip and I hope you are snacking on crumbed Barra chunks as you report on the scratchy @caesar
Well @fastin bulbous this was my first and biggest catch and whilst using the Jackall, good looking 85cm fish, same can't be said about the bloke holding it ;) :) zinc creamed to the hilt with a very weird facial expression.

Barra Feb 2022.jpg

Reactions: 8 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
this was my first and biggest catch and whilst using the Jackall, good looking 85cm fish, same can't be said about the bloke holding it
Don't be too hard on yourself, you're at least 95cm.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users