Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
That will serve us well for another 8-10 years.
So you want to retire him off even though he's still playing ok. He's certainly not at those lofty standards he set throughout his career, but his average is still better than most talls best.

Reactions: 2 users

Blind Charlie

Talk is cheap,just do it !
May 20, 2015
So you want to retire him off even though he's still playing ok. He's certainly not at those lofty standards he set throughout his career, but his average is still better than most talls best.
Can't believe how some over rate this kid., he's achieved nothing compared to most that have pulled on the yellow and black.
If he wants to go then adios, no hard feelings and hope we get a decent pick back in the trade.

• Haha

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia

So you want to give a young player about to enter his prime the ass just to keep a champ at the end of his career?

Cant we just appease the guy and tell him a few white lies? It has to work both ways. He might be miffed at the club for the 2 year deal or he may have been told he is the third cog or he might just want to be the main man.

I just want our future to be served properly.

Reactions: 1 user

realtiger

Tiger Rookie
Jun 28, 2007
Nah.... don't think that's right. If he's uncontracted, which he is. He basically 'retires' from Richmond then nominates for the pre season draft.
Not correct! All we do is match the offer ! Then he either stays or we trade him. He is restricted

• Dislike

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
So you want to give a young player about to enter his prime the ass just to keep a champ at the end of his career?

Cant we just appease the guy and tell him a few white lies? It has to work both ways. He might be miffed at the club for the 2 year deal or he may have been told he is the third cog or he might just want to be the main man.

I just want our future to be served properly.

Who said I wanted to give CJ the ass.

Ok lets put it the other way. Do you want to retire off a champ of our club and current vice-captain, in order to give games to a guy that has played 8 games and is blackmailing the club to play him or lose him?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Not correct! All we do is match the offer ! Then he either stays or we trade him. He is restricted
No he isn't. Players only are eligible for free agencies after 8 years at a club. Other than that its uncontracted. There is no matching clause. The only thing is, a club can delist a player that is out of contract and that player can change clubs without having to go to the draft. If a contract is offered to the out of contract player, they need to delist themselves and go back through the draft, in this case the PSD.

Reactions: 3 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Did Samson play another game apart from the StKilda game that I must have missed. TBH he looked hopeless at AFL level. CCJ is tracking miles better than Samson.

Yeah I don’t particularly wanna lose CCJ but I just don’t see a spot in the best 22 opening until Samson is possibly ready to play. In which case, we got Samson.

Yes one may argue that Jack R will retire but CCJ plays more like Lynch. We don’t particularly want two pack-busters in F50 when Nank/Soldo will be resting there also.

It’s not ideal but CCJ is the victim of success and the age-skewed list that results from that.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Yeah I don’t particularly wanna lose CCJ but I just don’t see a spot in the best 22 opening until Samson is possibly ready to play. In which case, we got Samson.

Yes one may argue that Jack R will retire but CCJ plays more like Lynch. We don’t particularly want two pack-busters in F50 when Nank/Soldo will be testing there also.

It’s not ideal but CCJ is the victim of success and the age-skewed list that results from that.
It was sometimes hard to tell this year between Jack and Tom which one was closer to retirement....

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Basically we are asking CCJ to be backup again and he has a right to explore first 22 footy somewhere else.

Knowing Richmond I’m sure it’s 100% amicable

Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Coleman-Jones is still living off potential (geez I hate that word). There's no gurantees he goes on to have a great career. I'm sure our offer has taken that into account.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Certainly hope Lynchy was injured, I will always love him for holding the fort in 2019 but we need to crack on to the next flag.

Feb 25, 2007

No, you're wrong. He is out of contract. He has not served enough years to be a FA or RFA. Like Jack Martin a few years back who then went on to join the blues via PSD and GC got nothing. Now, if CCJ decided to go to the PSD we would get nothing.
I don't think this will happen, wouldn't think CCJ would screw us, so North will likely hand over pick 20 and that'll be it unless both clubs do some other deal.

FREE AGENCY

What defines free agency in the AFL? If a long-serving player (at least eight years) is falling out of contract, he is classed a free agent by two categories –

RESTRICTED: Players in top 25 per cent of salary bill at the club. He can only move if his current club declines to match free agency offers.

UNRESTRICTED: Players in bottom 75 per cent of the salary bill at the club. He can move as he wishes, regardless of offers from his current club.

Since 2019, “a player who at any time becomes or previously was a free agent will be a free agent at the end of each subsequent contract”.

DELISTED: Players cut by their clubs – are “free agents” regardless of tenure in the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Did Samson play another game apart from the StKilda game that I must have missed. TBH he looked hopeless at AFL level. CCJ is tracking miles better than Samson.
I don’t know whether he will be a player or not but it’s not a fair comparison. Is samson Ryan ahead of him in CCJs first season is the correct comparison. CCJs first game against Essendon a few years ago was pretty underwhelming as I recall.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I notice Archie smith from the lions is looking for club

like for like if CCJ goes
We essentially have a new recruit in Soldo next year as a back up to Nank with Ryan and Colina coming through. If we lose Chol as well maybe we need a mature aged ruck as insurance, not sure.
What we need more than rucks is key position players coming through imo.

Reactions: 3 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Take 20 for him and use it Williams or Bazzo or the like if they are there, replace tall for tall.

Thats if they dont try and use it to trade up.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I don’t know whether he will be a player or not but it’s not a fair comparison. Is samson Ryan ahead of him in CCJs first season is the correct comparison. CCJs first game against Essendon a few years ago was pretty underwhelming as I recall.
Ryan's first year is also miles behind what CCJ showed in his first year. CCJ was actually pretty ok in that one off game against Essendon.

Reactions: 4 users