Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Looks like CCJ is gonna have a lot of boos with the crowds back next season. New external whipping boy.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Looks like CCJ is gonna have a lot of boos with the crowds back next season. New external whipping boy.
Richmond supporters won't forget and he will cop it.
I think Richmond supporters went easy on Higgins but Coleman Jones especially after the 100k fine. He will hear booing from the siren to the final siren.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I think Richmond supporters went easy on Higgins but Coleman Jones especially after the 100k fine. He will hear booing from the siren to the final siren.
I disagree on Higgo, but CCJ it's open fire.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
The best part of this deal is letting NMFC know where we think they’ll finish in 2022

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
Along with Higgins he leaves the club in very disappointing circumstances. At least we got a decent return when we didn't have much leverage.

Berwick boy

Tiger Superstar
Apr 27, 2004
Never been a big fan of booing. Seems to boganish and too big an effort to me at my age, but making an exception for this one. Very disappointed after his comments mid year about how good this club has been to him.
*smile* him.

Reactions: 6 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Never been a big fan of booing. Seems to boganish and too big an effort to me at my age, but making an exception for this one. Very disappointed after his comments mid year about how good this club has been to him.
*smile* him.
Same BB. In most cases the player doesn’t have much choice. It’s actually the club needing them to move. Bit silly to boo.

This is a bit different.

Reactions: 1 user

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
You have to get a game in the seniors then get a touch in order to be boo'd. Opportunities will be few and far between with CCJ

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
You have to get a game in the seniors then get a touch in order to be boo'd. Opportunities will be few and far between with CCJ
He's going to North. Up forward there's competition between CCJ, Larkey and a half sucked Mars bar.
He'll play forward and relieve Goldstein.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
CCJ wanted to go, North have the first pick in the PSD. Not a great hand there.
CCJ was drafted at 20 and we put 4 years development into him. CCJ is still young, lot of years ahead for him. Plus, North offered CCJ a pretty large contract. Looks like he is worth something.

Tarrant wanted to go. He is a free agent so he can go. Tarrant is 32, likely only 2 years left.
Tarrant is a proven defender, good player, no relying on potential here.

So, from a Richmond perspective we would have wanted pick 20 for CCJ, but, let's face it, wasn't going to happen.
From North's perspective they wanted at least something for Tarrant and really only wanted to give pick 40 for CCJ.

Where we end up looks like the equivalent to somewhere between picks 20 and 30, seems fair to me. Like the future 2nd round, but that is at least in part to compensate for CCJ who I reckon is worth more than pick 40 alone.

Also, it allows North to possibly take an opportunity with the first pick in the PSD, can't write that off totally because something might pop up and you wouldn't want to have spent that chip already.

I would have liked to keep CCJ, I do think he has potential. I rate him as a forward more than as a ruck. Still, he chooses financial security and the possibility of playing ruck which he wants. Can't blame him for that. Don't have to like it but can understand it.

DS

Reactions: 4 users