Can the Richmond Football Club afford to take John Butcher? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Can the Richmond Football Club afford to take John Butcher?

blx said:
Schulz has been tried as a defender - FAILED.

He played a great game in defence circa 3 years ago in the final game of the year against the Cats down at the Cattery. After that its a big fat ZERO!

Schulz has been tried as a forward - FAILED.

He had a great game against Brisbane a million years ago but after that its a big fat ZERO!

So midfield it is ;D

How true are the Snatchyt rumours that the Hawks made a decent attempt to lure Rance away ?

It's not whether or not we can afford to take him, we need to make the decision on who to draft purely on who is the best player to help us win a premiership. 30 odd years of rubbish still means nothing in the draft, we pick the best player there if he is a risky choice or not.

Baloo said:
How true are the Snatchyt rumours that the Hawks made a decent attempt to lure Rance away ?

Chances are it is true because Hawthorn appear to be going through the AFL prospectus and making late night phone calls to every AFL defender under the age of 30.

For a club so famous for it's high quality strategic list management they are doing an awfully good impression of a headless chook this off season.

Col.W.Kurtz said:
Chances are it is true because Hawthorn appear to be going through the AFL prospectus and making late night phone calls to every AFL defender under the age of 30.

For a club so famous for it's high quality strategic list management they are doing an awfully good impression of a headless chook this off season.

If this is true surely pick 19 and Moore could land us pick 9 if they are so desperate?

Colonel said:
If this is true surely pick 19 and Moore could land us pick 9 if they are so desperate?

It's not an outrageous idea if they actually want him (which I have no idea if they do or don't). But but the other thing about Hawthorn is that they are notoriously stingy at the trade table so I wouldn't hold my breath that they'll actually get to many trades done. If they get a KPP defender and manage the Burgoyne trade I'll be surprised.

Col.W.Kurtz said:
But the other thing about Hawthorn is that they are notoriously stingy at the trade table so I wouldn't hold my breath that they'll actually get to many trades done.
Just 'coz they want a Roller for the price of a Beetle doesn't mean they are stingy. The pelican likes to think of himself as an astute trader.

Many experts had a snigger when Harvey said he would play Tarrant at FB in 09. By seasons end many of these same experts were saying it was a move that saved Tarrants career. Considering Tarrant has been in the game as long if not longer than Schulz I don't see why us trying a similar move is so outrageous.

TigerMasochist said:
Just 'coz they want a Roller for the price of a Beetle doesn't mean they are stingy. The pelican likes to think of himself as an astute trader.

I'm sure he does, but the club has been much better at selling guys off than getting people in.

I know the kids been sick this year an he is a dodgy kick, however is he at all worth a look, was highly touted junior, great grab I believe an very good athlete?

CC TIGER said:
I know the kids been sick this year an he is a dodgy kick, however is he at all worth a look, was highly touted junior, great grab I believe an very good athlete?

Pass. Didn't want him then, don't want him now.

SCOOP said:
Pass. Didn't want him then, don't want him now.
I just read your first post on him Scoop....I can hardly remember seein him play I know he was kicking like James Manson when he started but they were going thru

Why would we be snooping after the Butcher? It's taken both a while to have much effect but I'd currently rate the Griffinator ahead of the Butcher.

Terrible kick hasn't improved from his junior days .James Manson comparison is flattering for him .
1goal 7 behinds 2 out of bounds on the full in Maffra seniors 2009 grand final win should have been a warning of things to come .
Maffra won kicking 7-27 -69 amazing win .

Nope, not required with that kicking (although I seem to recall he gad a good conversion rate?)

Thought he had a couple of decent games n a couple of bags for Port. Injuries n illness have severely restricted his output over the years, reckon the Griff's got more strings in his bow n greater potential for us though.

Some funny posts. Craig lambasting CC for signing Schulz and Jake King. Lamby calling Rance an A grade dud.