Can the Richmond Football Club afford to take John Butcher? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Can the Richmond Football Club afford to take John Butcher?

spook said:
Some funny posts. Craig lambasting CC for signing Schulz and Jake King. Lamby calling Rance an A grade dud.
Bloody hell I thought I'd missed something read the first couple of posts and there was talk of pick 3!!!! thought a deal had been done for that pick...................got all excited then I read the date ;D :help :spin

Worst kicking action I have ever seen, that includes James Manson & Earl Spalding. Just horrible.

bullus_hit said:
Not the best, Andy Goodwin was another who made me shudder.
I remember reading an article about Matthew Knights and how the reporter watched him at training, run, bend, scoop up the ball and unload with a 50 meter kick, then said it didn't look all that remarkable until you watched Jack Daniels attempt to do the same thing.

It is a real shame that a bloke with as much talent as Butcher can get through to AFL level with such an abominable kicking action.

His father and junior coaches have let him down badly. It should have been addressed and corrected when he was 12.

CarnTheTiges said:
I remember reading an article about Matthew Knights and how the reporter watched him at training, run, bend, scoop up the ball and unload with a 50 meter kick, then said it didn't look all that remarkable until you watched Jack Daniels attempt to do the same thing.

Jack Daniels by nature.