capital punishment..ivan milat..j.knight.p.dupas..and any other scum | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

capital punishment..ivan milat..j.knight.p.dupas..and any other scum

for or against.capital punishment

• for/pedophiles.murder/multiple rape

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • depends on evidence

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • for/murder only

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • totally against

Votes: 18 54.5%
  • certain crime.dna proof

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Was always against the death penalty until around six years ago when a chance mention of Albert Fish prompted me to do some reading at crimelibrary.com. After reading every serial killer story on the site I've turned 180 degrees. Some of these people are psychopaths, i.e. they cannot feel remorse, learn from experience, or be rehabilitated - there is NO treatment. IMO capital punishment is the best solution in some cases.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
antman said:

You asked if you were making any headway. Sometimes I feel like tryign to get a point through to Livers is like bashing my head agaisnt a brick wall. Sorry. :-[

Liverpool

How did that Julia and Kevin thing work out? :)
Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
ssstone said:
not to peter dupas it didnt.

Spot on Stoney....and you can add William Watkins to the list as well.
Had a long list of convictions and jail time (including bashing a blind woman and stealing from her), yet was released and proceeded to rape and stab in the chest, two girls in Altona who lived next door, killing them.
After Watkins was killed in a shootout by police in WA, the mother of the murdered women said this:

"I'll still never understand how someone could do such a thing," she said.
"The only good thing to come from his death is that he can't hurt anyone else."

Jail was no deterrent from this cretin killing two women, was it?
But being dead, he can't hurt anyone else....and the same should be for Julian Knight.
Because he is still alive and due for parole in a few years time, the families are going to have to endure the thought that he is free (yet their loved ones will never be seen again)....and that even from jail, he is still tormenting them by trying to send letters and such. If he had a needle, there would be none of this rubbish.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
rosy23 said:
You asked if you were making any headway. Sometimes I feel like tryign to get a point through to Livers is like bashing my head agaisnt a brick wall. Sorry. :-[

Actually I was acknowledging your point with a :-\ but I should have used a :clap in true hardcore Liverpool style...

My error rosy!!

Liverpool

Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
rosy23 said:
antman said:
Actually I was acknowledging your point with a :-\ but I should have used a :clap in true hardcore Liverpool style...
My error rosy!!

Maybe if you two keep bashing long enough, it might knock some sense into you....here's hoping! :hihi

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Liverpool said:
Maybe if you two keep bashing long enough, it might knock some sense into you....here's hoping! :hihi

We sure as hell ain't going to knock any into you ;)

Tiger74

In deedily doodily neighbourino!
Jul 2, 2004
Melbourne
antman said:
We sure as hell ain't going to knock any into you ;)

Maybe you should buy Liv one of those stickers you see on bumber bars in the South"

"Kill 'em all and let God sort them out"

Liverpool

Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
Six Pack said:
gee what goes on in 'bumber bars?' :eek:

Why don't you tell us SixPack....didn't you vote for the mob that has a leader who knows all about 'bumber bars'? :rofl

ssstone

the mongrel plumber,and the heir apparent
Aug 11, 2006
ararat
Liverpool said:
Why don't you tell us SixPack....didn't you vote for the mob that has a leader who knows all about 'bumber bars'? :rofl
bob loves bumpin bars :hihi

Six Pack

Tiger Legend
Aug 28, 2007
In today's Geelong Addy there was a feature article on Cindy Gambino, the ex-wife of Rob Farhquarson who drove the kids into the dam. She still maintains his innocence and along with his sisters has started a website insisting on his innocence.

Now, she might be wrong, she might be in denial, she might know more than we do. but how would this case work if we had capital punishment.

He has been found guilty and some would argue that he deserves to die for his sins. And some would argue that revenge is an important motive for having capital punishment.

So where does that leave Cindy Gambino?

mopsy fraser

EAT 'EM ALIVE!
May 10, 2006
geelong
Six Pack said:
In today's Geelong Addy there was a feature article on Cindy Gambino, the ex-wife of Rob Farhquarson who drove the kids into the dam. She still maintains his innocence and along with his sisters has started a website insisting on his innocence.

Now, she might be wrong, she might be in denial, she might know more than we do. but how would this case work if we had capital punishment.

He has been found guilty and some would argue that he deserves to die for his sins. And some would argue that revenge is an important motive for having capital punishment.

So where does that leave Cindy Gambino?
i think the reason she thinks he`s innocent is she,like all normal decent human beings just can not imagine anyone could be so sadistic as to want to murder their 3 kids.
it`s just to horriffic to even contemplate that anyone,let alone the man she lived with and raised 3 kids with could do such a thing.
plus i also think that guilt has a lot to do with it.
the prosecution say that farquharson killed them to get back at her so she feels guilty about it.
so i understand why she doesn`t want to believe he done it.

i think he is a very selfish bastard.
he is going to let all these good people get dragged along probably for the rest of their lives protesting his innocence when he knows full well he did it.
he`s a hideous little coward.

Six Pack

Tiger Legend
Aug 28, 2007
I agree, Mopsy, but if we had captial punishment and one of the rationale was that it was revenge for the victims, then where does this leave Cindy Gambino?

mopsy fraser

EAT 'EM ALIVE!
May 10, 2006
geelong
it would be more hell for her because she has already had 3 kids taken from her and if he was put to death she would feel like the victim again because she believes he`s innocent.
poor woman.

but the real victims are the 3 murdered boys and they deserve real justice and revenge of some sort.

she is a traumatised women who really doesn`t know what to believe,or refuses to believe the truth because it is to horriffic to contemplate.
but whether she admits it or not she is a victim of this despicable crime.

1eyedtiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 2, 2007
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23334823-2,00.html

Another 2 who don't deserve to be alive.