Captaincy Issue (reloaded) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Captaincy Issue (reloaded)

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Should Campbell not come up again, who should captain the Tiges?

Given Richo's "performance" last week, I think it would be wise to give it to a player who doesn't have a sook, or if he does have a sook, at least does it like a grown up. Richo should be wearing a little cap with a propeller on it. He is an absolute 5 year old.

I'd say Chaffey is the man for the job.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
Given that Richo's the VC, I doubt anything would change.

If it did though, I would like to see it go to Staff. Even though he hasn't been at the Club all that long.

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
Staff, although in only his second year at the club, is the only player on our list (excluding Campbell) who has both talent and leadership to captain.

He looks like a leader, he acts like a leader and he plays like a leader, therefore I believe he will be our next captain of the club - especially because he's 27 (I think) and being a ruckman, probably has a good 5 - 6 years left in him.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I really think a new VC should be elected to replace Gas.

As sole VC now it would probably be an insult not to have Richo lead them out if Campbo doesn't come up.

IMO Richo's leadership wasn't acceptable last week and I don't think he deserves the honour again.

If football is a professional sport, I'd like the club to be professional in having someone capable of leading the team properly.

Chaff or Staff for me.

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
As much as I love Richo, I don't think he should have second crack at the captaincy until his attitude improves beyond question. I noticed Bowden giving orders the other week - where does he rate on the leadership ladder? I'd pick Chaffey, Staff or even Tivendale.