Carltank | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Carltank

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
Didn’t they play Southport?
Yes.
And lost.

From memory, Stocker is the guy that Silvani ( as the then Carlton recruitment manager) fell in love with.
In the 2018 draft he thought Richmond were going to select Stocker at pick 19,
so he live traded Adelaide for pick 18 to get Stocker.
Could be wrong, but I think Stocker cost Carlton a first in 2018 and dropped 4 or five places with their first in 2019.

We picked RCD at 19.

sausage_meat69

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 28, 2005
Yes.
And lost.

From memory, Stocker is the guy that Silvani ( as the then Carlton recruitment manager) fell in love with.
In the 2018 draft he thought Richmond were going to select Stocker at pick 19,
so he live traded Adelaide for pick 18 to get Stocker.
Could be wrong, but I think Stocker cost Carlton a first in 2018 and dropped 4 or five places with their first in 2019.

We picked RCD at 19.
That's it but pick swap of firsts. With Adelaide bottoming out the trade actually didn't end up so bad for them. I wonder what the true story was but it is unlike recent Richmond to leak who our first pick might be so probably misinformation. Nevertheless I will watch on with keen interest development of both lads.

Stocker Trade

Reactions: 1 user

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
They lost to Port - one of the better teams. Seems to be worse teams going around. Thought Mar Maclure was out of line (not that i particularly care).

wayne

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2007
Traralgon
The predicted Carlton rise this year was based on nothing more than 'it has been a while, they're due' .

Where did the experts see the improvement coming from? Their drafting has been horrible, their trading even worse.

Reactions: 1 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Carlton getting Worsfold is more madness. When has a "coaching mentor" ever really worked?

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
The biggest issue for Carlton is targeting the wrong types of players during trade week. Saad and Williams are half back flankers and they take up $1.5m worth of salary cap space. Yet they still have not addressed their weaknesses in the midfield.

Reactions: 4 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
All this Carlton stuff is just the media trying to justify their over optimistic pre season predictions. As far as I am concerned they are tracking 10-14 as I expected.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Carlton supporter called SEN and said he sees Worsfolds appointment akin to what Richmond did getting Balmey in.... gee them blue baggers are more delusional than we ever were!

• Haha

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Beginning of the end for the T-Train. They’re obviously fa-teagued with his coaching. Done.

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
The biggest issue for Carlton is targeting the wrong types of players during trade week. Saad and Williams are half back flankers and they take up $1.5m worth of salary cap space. Yet they still have not addressed their weaknesses in the midfield.
Like Essendon, they are following the Richmond early noughties list management blueprint. Long may it continue.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Beginning of the end for the T-Train. They’re obviously fa-teagued with his coaching. Done.
Just waiting for the president to come out and confirm his sacking by saying “ he has the full support of the board “

Last edited:
  • Haha

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Oh how i would love for Carlton , St Kilda , Geelong , Collingwood to all get smashed this week
Watching Carlton implode gives me almost as much joy as Richmond winning

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
I find it really odd that Worsfold has this reputation. He’s never done anything to really earn it.
Agree
How he gets another gig at an AFL club is beyond me
They hated him at the Bummers and got rid of him now he’s resurfaced at Carlscum Unbelievable

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
They finally decided he needed training wheels after all .........maybe they should buy him better players for the cash they are wasting!!!