Carltony | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Carltony

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Carlton have backed themselves into a corner saying they want an experienced coach, are they going to back peddle on this comment too?

Off the top of my head, the most recent ex-coaches with experience, aside from Clarko, and Lyon, are:

Buckley (Eddie would have a paroxysm)
Pyke
Leppa (not going to do it)
Voss
B. Scott
A bit further back, but Chocco Williams would probably do it, and he’s got one thing as a coach the others don’t: a Premiership.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
It’s beyond incompetent. It’s the worst coaching process I can remember.

The players wanted Teague to stay. Get on the phone now to Sam Walsh, get him out.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Nah.... too smart. He knows how disjointed they are when one bloke asks him to join the board and another one asks him to come and coach, a day apart!
Anyway, he's already committed to going to the pies.... hang around over there for a few years then come home to Tigerland when Damien wears out his welcome.

Cooper O'Reilly

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 5, 2021
Why don't they "Unleash the Geisch"?!!
Love Dale Weightman's insight on the Geisch. He said they called him the "Quiche" because he was light and fluffy and if you had too much of him he made you sick.

• Haha

Razorgang2

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 15, 2014
Love Dale Weightman's insight on the Geisch. He said they called him the "Quiche" because he was light and fluffy and if you had too much of him he made you sick.
I can relate to that, the Mrs loves making them, but I cant stand em. Better learn to cook then.:vomit

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
The coaches who have won flags at basket case clubs have been assistant coaches who have learned their craft and come in with a long term plan. That's what they should do, but they won't because they are Carlton and have no patience. Oh well, they can bounce around 7th to 18th for another decade or two.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
they tried that with David.

That was their Unleash the Geisch moment.

Swans did the same with Roos when Wallet had the all but been given the job.
Roos the classic 'caretaker' success story.

There's been a few caretakers who've stayed on. Matthews was intended to take over at Collingwood in 1987 but Bob Rose handed over three rounds into 1986, so not exactly a classic caretaker.

Alan Joyce stood in for Allan Jeans in 1988 and won the flag. Again, not your standard caretaker coach.

Others were less successful. Footscray has had a few.

Brett Ratten St.K 2019
Rhyce Shaw NM 2019
David Teague Carl 2019
Matthew Primus PA 2010
Mark Harvey Frem 2007
Brett Ratten Carl 2006
Neil Craig Adel 2004
Peter Rohde WB 2002
Paul Roos Syd 2002
Grant Thomas St.K 2001
Jeff Gieschen Rich 1997
Terry Wallace WB 1996
Alan Joyce WB 1994
Ron Barassi Syd 1993
Alex Jesaulenko Carl 1989
Alan Joyce Haw 1988
Leigh Matthews Coll 1986
Graeme Gellie St.K 1984
Ian Hampshire WB 1982
Barry Cable NM 1981
Alex Jesaulenko St.K 1980
Don McKenzie WB 1978
Alex Jesaulenko Carl 1978

Then back to Ted Whitten WB 1957.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The 2 Scotts as Coach and Senior Deputy Coach for the Blues would be close to perfect.

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
The coaches who have won flags at basket case clubs have been assistant coaches who have learned their craft and come in with a long term plan. That's what they should do, but they won't because they are Carlton and have no patience. Oh well, they can bounce around 7th to 18th for another decade or two.

DS

Glorious

Reactions: 1 user

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Carlton waiting to pounce on CScott after they lose tonight.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users