Carltony | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Carltony

Not surprised so much but very disappointed. I was flicked in the changeover from Bolton to Teague so I don't owe any loyalty to anyone but no-one deserves to be treated the way he has.

I'm not surprised because there is no environment better at bringing out the worst in people than a failing sporting team. The fact is good players and good teams make good boards and good coaches so the off-field people are absolutely impotent until that happens.

The only way they have a chance to become a good club is to luck out on their draft picks becoming good players and a good team and go from there, so until that happens all they can do is clutch at straws and try and convince everybody and themselves they are making a difference.

I don't know much about Ross Lyon but I reckon he is as well equipped as anyone around to coach an AFL club and you can't question that he knows how to get the best out of a playing group.

I'm no lawyer but I would have thought there might be some worksafe type stuff around the public playing out of his performance review.

I'd also be interested to see how the criteria for sacking him stacked up in an unfair dismissal sense. By all reports he does his job pretty well.
What did you think of Bolton? Someone mentioned him for a job with a new Tasmanian side. Wouldn’t have thought so. Heard from a Beyond Blue player that he was very frustrating to play for….too many meetings, too technical, too suffocating and not a natural person that you could easily gravitate to.

I'm no lawyer but I would have thought there might be some worksafe type stuff around the public playing out of his performance review.

I'd also be interested to see how the criteria for sacking him stacked up in an unfair dismissal sense. By all reports he does his job pretty well.
Can't see that happening TBR. I agree Teague has been unfairly treated but if the unfair dismissal case stood up, then there would be a conga line from every living sacked coach in history ready to make a claim.

Reactions: 1 user
Footy clubs make obviously intelligent/successful people turn into liniment sniffing sycophants when put in power. Luke Sayers is clearly a highly successful businessman but when it comes to Carlton acts like a polite and softly spoken version of John Elliot.

What did you think of Bolton? Someone mentioned him for a job with a new Tasmanian side. Wouldn’t have thought so. Heard from a Beyond Blue player that he was very frustrating to play for….too many meetings, too technical, too suffocating and not a natural person that you could easily gravitate to.
Heard the same. The kind of person who knows the words but not the tune. When things became tough with wins/losses he doubled down on meetings etc.. players hate that *smile*.

Feel sorry for Sam Walsh. Contracted at Carlton and too young to go home to Geelong for at least 10 years.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Heard the same. The kind of person who knows the words but not the tune. When things became tough with wins/losses he doubled down on meetings etc.. players hate that *smile*.

Sounds typical of what you see out in business. I call them the Buzzword people. People that have studied and have a book full of intelligent sounding words, but have no idea how to use them in practise.

Reactions: 2 users
Sounds typical of what you see out in business. I call them the Buzzword people. People that have studied and have a book full of intelligent sounding words, but have no idea how to use them in practise.
My Top 4 buzzwords:
synergy,
Paradigm shift,
Actionable,
Low-hanging fruit.

Reactions: 4 users
Teague will be fine... his teams underperformed, not all his fault but the buck stops with him. He'll count his money and move on to a lucrative assistant coach position.

Haha i've legit been on a call where I think someone on the other side (an american) was playing that. I had no idea what she was talking about!!

Teague will be fine... his teams underperformed, not all his fault but the buck stops with him. He'll count his money and move on to a lucrative assistant coach position.
Yep agree copped the blame as a head coach fair enough , but when put to the players they didn't like the criticism lazy , under performing and hot and cold.Loved how he had the balls to have a crack at the club to.Then was released yesterday citing confusion of game plan pathetic.

Reactions: 2 users
Love him. As kind and caring a guy as you will ever meet.

Yeah he is is definitely intense and has very high standards but I wouldn't have said overly so. As a layman I certainly found the technical football stuff I saw very logical and easy to understand, he's a very good deliverer of information. They certainly didn't have any more or less meetings than any other coach I've seen operate.

I think you will always have an issue with those Dane Swan type players who just want to have a kick and find anything past tying their boot laces as being too much preparation, but we tend to overlook in sportspeople the fact that behaviour is actually pretty unprofessional and it is their standards that should change.
This didn’t come from a “Dane Swan type.”

How many pages would a PRE Paddy Cripps thread be?

Paddy's biggest problem is his very low footy IQ. The Dumb One in any side. Then there are his appalling onfield values - far too important to play football. Then there's the issue of his being a bit of a spud.

He has been a bit off with a niggle. But only a bit. The bloke has always been a spud. The kind of bludger who stands under the ruck at contests and gets called an "inside beast" for having it dropped in his lap. If that doesn't happen he has the best seat in the house.

Sam Walsh walked into that club twice the player that Cripps will ever be and then improved quantum.

lol Carlton should have punted the spud before even AFL clubs noticed that he's not much good. Now everybody knows and they''ll get nothing for him.

Paddy Cripps would give leprosy sores. Forever Carlton.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users