Carltony | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Carltony

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
2 games played and already the punters have them at $13 for the flag. We're still $15. WTF!!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
2 games played and already the punters have them at $13 for the flag. We're still $15. WTF!!
They’ll drop. Carltoon and probably a few weeks ahead of their fitness compared to the rest of the comp. Voss wanted them charging out of the blocks.
They finish the season with 7 straight losses.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
They’ll drop. Carltoon and probably a few weeks ahead of their fitness compared to the rest of the comp. Voss wanted them charging out of the blocks.
They finish the season with 7 straight losses.
And super coach sits next to Hardwick

Reactions: 1 user

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
Gotta admit, watching the play and looking on paper there are no real weak lines in the team currently… previously they were probably a player short on certain lines… they recruited for that and it shows

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Curnow is the biggest inclusion as he draws the defence away from McKay.

Cerra definately will make a difference too.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Gotta admit, watching the play and looking on paper there are no real weak lines in the team currently… previously they were probably a player short on certain lines… they recruited for that and it shows

I still think their defence is suspect.

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
reckon they are one quality defender short.
And if Curnow doesnt perform, a lot left to Mckay, he is a gun though.

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
If they remain fit, they will be hard to beat.
Their midfield depth is solid, forward line solid and defence providing the midfield stay strong will be ok.
I hate Carlton.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

immorta

~~we are eternal all this pain is an illusion~~
Mar 31, 2005
Melbourne
It's the wakeup call we all needed, let's not get complacent.

Carlton can go and get *smile*.

Reactions: 3 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
If they remain fit, they will be hard to beat.
Their midfield depth is solid, forward line solid and defence providing the midfield stay strong will be ok.
I hate Carlton.
We shouldve been up 6 goais at qtr time.
If they doggies had 1 more marking forward.
They would be 0-2 exactly like the good old days

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
We shouldve been up 6 goais at qtr time.
If they doggies had 1 more marking forward.
They would be 0-2 exactly like the good old days
I share your hatred zigsta but,
We weren't.
They didn't.
And they're not.
They are 2 zip zippadee and it sucks.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I think we're all ok with Carlton at 9/10 for the eight this year?

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
I know, but GC were 4-1 in 2020 and Adelaide were 3-1 last year.
Things turn quickly.
They’ve banked two wins against likely top 8 opponents. If they can take care of business against bottom 10 they are in good shape. We will have to see. This was always Melbourne’s downfall prior to last year - that mental aspect of turning up every week / staying team focused.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
3-0 the Blues, Mcguane pulled out the stat that when a side starts a season with 3-0 in their first 3 games of the season they go on to play finals 84% of the time. Will Carlton be part of the 16% that don’t?

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
3-0 the Blues, Mcguane pulled out the stat that when a side starts a season with 3-0 in their first 3 games of the season they go on to play finals 84% of the time. Will Carlton be part of the 16% that don’t?

Doubt it, Carlton have been looking like they would improve for many years. My surprise is that they have taken this long to get better. They look like a very good team, their midfield is impressive and that has taken on even more importance the way the game is played now. Every team can fall if they have their best players injured, the best players are, by definition, difficult to replace. But Carlton look to be the real deal this year and Voss is showing he is a good coach.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
fingers crossed.

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Doubt it, Carlton have been looking like they would improve for many years. My surprise is that they have taken this long to get better. They look like a very good team, their midfield is impressive and that has taken on even more importance the way the game is played now. Every team can fall if they have their best players injured, the best players are, by definition, difficult to replace. But Carlton look to be the real deal this year and Voss is showing he is a good coach.

DS

Carlton certainly in red hot form right now.

Long season and we have shown both sides of the coin. Red hot early form is very hard to maintain and hard to find again if you lose it whereas red hot form around the last 5/6 weeks of the comp and into finals is the more productive