cats caught cheating | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

cats caught cheating

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
for 8 years!!!!!!

FFS

let's hear what the pussy lovers in the media have to say about this ...............

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 2 users
for 8 years!!!!!!

FFS

let's hear what the pussy lovers in the media have to say about this ...............
A $40,000 fine !!!
SHocking has flogged his old side with a wet lettuce leaf.

• Angry
Just a little ‘administrative error’ eh. Ah 8 years of overpaying on the salary cap aha aha. No worries cats.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users
How about this pathetic headline on afl.com.au?

Cats cop massive whack for Total Player Payment breach
Geelong receives a huge financial sanction after an administrative blunder

$40,000 is massive? Are we really supposed to believe that?

Furthermore, the article is wafer-thin on detail.

Show us the nature of the breach, AFL. Otherwise it looks like you're trying to control the message, as usual. And that normally means something fishy.

Reactions: 3 users
Yep they prob self reported like Essendon. I wonder who from AFL house told them they were about to be busted.

They should be ashamed of emselves .......outlaying so much cash on duds like ParrrrrFittt, Zac Guthrie and that other spud Rohan.

• Wow
Seriusly could you imagine if it was the RFC we'd lprobably lose our premierships, all our draft picks for 2 years and be playing for no points in 2020.

Comp is corrupt.

Surely they lose a few draft picks?
What did Carltoon cop when they we’re caught?

Don’t the AFL go over ever clubs books?
Seems weird they never picked it up unless it was extra payments to “Dangers Catering Business “

Who held various administrative roles at the Cats over this tenure? Steve Hocking of course.
Does not pass the pub test.
Exactly what I thought when they mentioned 8 yrs.... I said from the first time I heard Hocking interviewed after his AFL appointment that he wasn't up to it.
Some poor shitkicker will be taking the fall for him down at the cattery no doubt!

Reactions: 1 user
Surely they lose a few draft picks?
What did Carltoon cop when they we’re caught?

Don’t the AFL go over ever clubs books?
Seems weird they never picked it up unless it was extra payments to “Dangers Catering Business “

Or Gazzas retirement fund.

Maybe they can be punished by sending Josh Jenkins back to the Camrys, that'd be a 2 for 1 win.

Last edited:
Meanwhile at AFL HQ in the luxurious penthouse suite's third bedroom a sweaty Gill and Steve are sharing 0.5 grams of weed.

Steve: So Gill my dear?
Gill: Yes Steve?
Steve: Remember when I was in charge down at the Cats?
Gill: No. Wait. What? They *smile*' had you in charge?
Steve: Oh yes. The glory days I call it.
Gill: Glory days? Sounds like fun.
Steve: Oh yes. The fun we had. The mad Mondays, the mad Tuesdays, the Bum Wednesdays. All week it lasted.
Gill: Erm... When did you last get a check at the clinic?
Steve: Clinic? Wha!!!!?! *looks puzzled*
Gill: Nevermind - I think I am due a visit. One of the polo ponies is looking a bit distressed right now. Perhaps this weekend.. Anyway - You were saying?
Steve: Oh yes. Well...
Gill: Well?
Steve: Well... When I was managing the place it appears we may have slightly overpaid a few of our players.
Gill: What? Overpaid? And what does "slightly" mean?
Steve: Well... Its obviously just an *rabbit ears* administrative error...
Gill: And....?
Steve: It runs to about $125k. But we're still doing the sums.
Gill: For how long.
Steve: Oh just a short while... *mumbles* 8 years.
Gill: What? Speak up!
Steve: 8 years.
Gill: 8 years? So about $15k per year. That wouldn't even cover the cost of Scotty's ping-pong ball habit. Don't worry about it. We'll just sweep it under the rug as a rounding error and everything will be fine.
Steve: Ummmmm....
Gill: What??????????
Steve: *Speaking very quickly* It's $125k per year for 8 years. We estimate. Might be more. We only just noticed.
Gill: For *smile* sake!!! Who did you contract to do the books? *smile* Geoffrey Eddlestone's accountant?
Steve: I....
Gill: *smile*! Ok. Here's how we play it.... The Cats have self-reported an admin error. We'll fine them - Oh I don't know... how much is our Ganja bill for the year?
Steve: $38k for last year.
Gill: Ok. We'll fine them $40k and report it on a Thursday evening. Thank *smile* the corona virus thing is filling the front pages. The media will forget it by Friday.
Steve: Thanks Gill.
Gill: Oh Don't thank me. I'm only thinking of the Cats and my reputation. You will pay.
Steve: Pay? How?
Gill: Get the handcuffs and the ball gag.
Steve: *dejected* Ooookayyyy...

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
What punishment is Hocking going to get, his position is untenable? He was the Football Manager with the Cats, meaning he was in charge of player contracts. Gill can't sweep this under the carpet.

Last edited:
What punishment is Hocking going to get, his position is untenable? He was the Football Manager with the Cats, meaning he was in charge of player contracts. Gill can't sweep this under the carpet.

Who in the media is going to do the digging and expose this?
My guess, no one.