Cats | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cats

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I thought we might run Geelong into a bit of form next week, but looks like they have done it on their own.
Big win. Why can't Richmond do that?

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Just what we needed the biggest hack team in the league getting some momentum and confidence jsut in time to play us.

By the way suffer to Carlton.

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Looks like we might get thumped by Geelong too

Having looked through the draw, the draft should look something like this

1 - W Bulldogs (priority)
2 - W Bulldogs
3 - Carlton
4 - Richmond
5 - Geelong

Hopefully we can do a deal involving Richo, Bowden, pick 4 for Nathan Brown, Robert Murphy and pick 1

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
If we only win won more game this year please let it be against geelong. Just got a phone call from my cat supporting uncle reminding me they had won and we had lost. Now I just have to wait for my other uncle to ring and rub it in. Please don't lose next week richmond I couldn't stand the bagging.
C'MON RICHMOND, EAT EM ALIVE

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
As I've said previously - Geelong, like last year, are gonna officially end our season.

DF - I think thats a great swap. Can we also trade Frawely for former bulldog coach Wallace?

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Harry said:
DF - I think thats a great swap. Can we also trade Frawely for former bulldog coach Wallace?

It would be nice, but it seems President Clinton is happy with the current style of footy our coach has instilled.

As for the swap, the Bulldogs want talls, and Joel can join his brother, Murphy was a Richmond supporter, while Brown has always said he would love to play for a big 4 club, particularly Richmond with its passionate fans. If we had to throw in another player to get pick one we should do that too, we must get high picks and use them.

If anyone is down at training this week, Tom Roach will be training with the team again. He was down watching training on Friday, and apparently he will be spending a fair bit of time down at the club between now and the end of the season, when his year 12 and footy commitments allow for it.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Wouldn't take to much notice of President Clintons statements at the moment DF. We have just seen that MILLER will over rule that if he thinks there are better options and I am tipping that the El Presidente will rightly bow to the judgement of one Gre MILLER as he himself proclaimed him to be the best in business and the very reason he recruited him.

Greg may do well to gag a few of the board memebers as well as the Spud at the moment.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
I for one hope they are absolutely flogged and the memberships come raining down at the feet of spud, so all the poor deluded soles that run the club and support it, get a good old slap in the face.
And if we beat poor old Geelong, some of you deluded buffons will be queing up for finals tickets.
They need a good old flogging. Something that will wake them up from their drunken stupor!
Casey is an absolute joke, a pansy of a leader.
Time for a good old sacking or two, in the true spirit of the Richmond football club.

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Diggler, you are a breath of fresh air as usual

If losing games to Carlton, Kangaroos and the Swans in Melbourne didnt wake them up, surely a flogging from Geelong will.

In the dome, perfect conditions, Geelong will run us off our legs, and beat us with skill.

People can say what they like about Everywhere Eddie, but he's alot more for Collingwood than President Clinton has for us.

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
DragicevicFan said:
People can say what they like about Everywhere Eddie, but he's alot more for Collingwood than President Clinton has for us.
rediculous statement considering edwards position at channel collingwood.if casey ran channel 7.9 or 10 i bet my life on it he would be doing an eddie.

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
I have to say, they way the tigers are playing at the moment, they would be lucky to beat one of the AusKick teams at half time and that would only be with the assistance of a sympathethic umpire! ;D

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
Luckily I will be at the G on Sat in my work corp box so won't have to watch the tiges get pumped by Geelong.

Geelong will take a 2-3 goal lead, which we will claw back bit by bit after kicking 4 goals in 3 quarters, after which the cats will decide to run a bit more, and go long, rendering us stuffed and seeing us go down by 7 goals.

The above scenario may sound a little like most of our games this year.

Cats to win easy. Followed by another flgging by the pies to take us to 8 in a row, the bulldogs to break their drought, followed by a solid Freo loss and the enevitable return loss the week after to the saints, the bummers to teach us a little lesson, followed by Port reminding us why they are the best team in the comp, then to cap it off, the hawks to continue their march towards September action.

That will gives us 14 straight losses, and if their is any dignity in the club, a new coach, new prez and a new beginning.

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
14 straight losses is what the club needs, maybe then, they will realise we are a rabble and need a complete clean out.

It's sad when supporters are hoping to lose 14 games in a row, but I hope that scenario is spot on RR. That would leave us 14th at the highest, giving us at least pick 4, possibly higher.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
I dont rate that Murphy from teh bulldogs. Too skinny and looks soft to me from what i ahve seen. We have too many players like him. Jsut my opinion and mainly from what i saw wiht them against Hawthorn. Havent seen him play alot but when i have i was not impressed.

Rampaging_Richo

Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
It is sad DF, but I really hope we lose every game for the rest of the year to ensure that the necessary changes are made both to the coaching staff and player list.

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
RR - I can assure you that the club is aware of their deficiencies and long overdue changes will be made at seasons end. This will be regardless of how many more games we win this season. The club is trying to keep all the negative stuff inhouse (eg our lack of depth, poor recruiting, player contracts etc). Surely we don't want them to come out in the media and talk about these issues?
They are clearly trying to put a positive spin on things thru the media but are well aware of the problems and are keeping them inhouse like all good clubs do.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Good Post Boss.

Your right. No matter how poor we have performed in various area, no one is going to come out in the media and admit it - that would be political suicide.

As you say the proof will be in the pudding.

YeahNah

Attitude + Expectation = Culture
Dec 19, 2002
Upper Yarra Valley
I just can't wish for a loss. It goes against the grain. A poor season, a sacked coach, Richmond in shambles. We've had that before a number of times and it got us no where! We need to learn the lessons of our past mistakes and rectify them, not replicate them.
I've just returned from a months holiday's in QLD ( Gold Coast, Yuk, dreadful place. The family loves it though ??? ) And I'm amazed at the rapid decent that the Tigers gone into again. I'd like a quick fix, we all would. Fact of the matter is it just doesn't work that way. We ned to stop looking for a Messiah and continue the building process. We're probably 2 players and a bit of deapth away from being true contenders. I expect that heads will roll at the end of the season. I don't think the President or the coach will be among them I think Clinton Casey's done a fair job. Frawley may or may not be a good coach. Even if he is the worst coach going around at the moment, for the sake of the next 20 years or so, he must be retained. If he bombs next year, no one would point the finger at Richmond and say we were to harsh, reactionary or typical of our old selves. We would then be in a good position to recruit a top coach with a proven track record like Barney.
The focus must now be on improving our list and making the players accountable. Trades, delistings, whatever it takes. Hit the list hard this year. Miller will have had a season to sort the wheat from the Chaff. It is unreasonable to expect every "dud" will go at once. Contracts and just the pure logistics of turning over much more than half a dozen players per year will see a few "duds" retained. Too radical a change also has a detrimental effect on moral. I'd like to see a surgical approach, not a butchers.
I hope to see some glimmers of hope from this year, but I feel very confident that even if we win a few games towards the end of the year, Miller won't be suckered in to retaining the players that turned it up to save their own skins.

Rampaging_Richo

Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
Yeahnah, you make some good points, but there some big problems with retaining Frawley.

1. The vast majority of supporters are sick of the current negative, boring, defensive and "damage minimalisation" style of play. For Spud to change would be a complete move away from his thinking on football, thus he would know even less than he currently does.

2. Memberships will continue to decrease as a result

3. Crowds will continue to decrease as a result

4. It will require so much work by the club to make up this lost ground with supporters, that it may take 2-3 years to sort the financial mess out.

The changes that the Boss referred to obviously only include players and recruiting, which is a big oversite in that the real problem lies with Danny.

A complete fresh start is required. This admin except Greg Miller has had 4 years and it has acheived nothing, except more mediocrity.

The only coaches role looking shakey ATM is Danny. Now if it became vacant, there would 4-5 blokes lining up to coach including Wallace, O'Donnell..guys who would back themselves to improve the club and get us into a regular finals unit.